01-19-2011 10:19 AM
56 123
tools
    You like having to rotate you phone from landscape to enter a addy? You got to be kidding me!
    I said I like the way that Metro Browser approaches it. They put a little button in the bottom right corner that takes you to a whole different page where you can enter a URL, pull up a favorite, history, etc. while staying in landscape.

That being said, I don't exactly have a problem with having to switch to portrait to put in a URL since putting an address bar in the landscape view would absolutely KILL real estate for looking at the actual web page.
    01-07-2011 09:03 AM
    just thought of something... a way to stop the device from going into landscape.

i like using it in portrait and have no issues typing this way.

if this is possible already (w/o hacking/jailbreaking), let me know... haven't found the option.
    01-08-2011 04:19 AM
    Both of these apps offer orientation lock. Surf Cube and Metro Browser. Check them out.

http://www.windowscentral.com/surfcu...n-web-browsing

http://www.windowscentral.com/browse...er-raises-ante
    01-08-2011 11:56 AM
    No, he wants to lock the phone in portrait mode period. The few apps that rotate to landscape can be frustrating to use in bed. If I were more comfortable typing in portrait, I could see it being very annoying to use texting in bed, which frequently is when I have time to text en masse while doing web browsing or whatever.
    01-08-2011 01:08 PM
    Everyone finds a need for a phone that operates as intended. No one requires a phone that can send video via MMS. That's a nice feature, not a necessary feature. There's a HUGE difference and they need to work on the things that are important first. If they don't do that, they're going to **** off and turn off a LOT more people than the 10 people in the world that still send video via MMS. (I'm kidding, but you get my point)
    Very well put!

We all need to just be a little bit more realistic about the updates. Sure, going from infant OS to superbeast would be great in one update, but really, I'd rather it just be stable first.
    01-18-2011 11:19 PM
    Blah, 100% bull shat. No one needs a phone that can text, play games, videos, surf the web, load apps,...

If people wanted a dumb phone, they would have got a free one from their service provider. I sure hope WP7 people don't turn into iPhone sheep and start thinking, if MS didn't put it there, then it's not needed.
    Very well put!

We all need to just be a little bit more realistic about the updates. Sure, going from infant OS to superbeast would be great in one update, but really, I'd rather it just be stable first.
    01-19-2011 10:19 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD