02-24-2011 02:36 PM
32 12
tools
    Could have sworn AT&T headquarters is and has been in Dallas, Texas...
    02-23-2011 06:34 PM
    Could have sworn AT&T headquarters is and has been in Dallas, Texas...
    I said rural Texas.

And, okay, I screwed that up, but it's these states affected by the AT&T/Alltel Merger.

Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, and Wyoming

Anyways....when you live in the boonies...things are a little different out there.
    02-24-2011 02:04 AM
    The notion that WP7 NEEDS verizon to succeed seems a bit far fetched to me, didnt seem to do the Palm Pre any good, did it? No point having all those subscribers if you are going to actively discourage them from buying a WP7 device in the first place, better not to launch there and let those who want it either move to another carrier or just do without. Much better than the bad press the resulting low sales will generate.
    02-24-2011 09:28 AM
    Did Verizon merge with Alltell?
    02-24-2011 09:40 AM
    LTE is has been deemed the next global standard (and LTE is actually a closer evolution to CDMA than GSM) and Verizon will have the first US nationwide LTE network.

The United States is Microsoft's market, the market where Zune is the most successful (if not simply the most available) Xbox and Xbox live are most successful.

If you think Microsoft doesn't even need a presence on a network with access to what soon will be 100 million people who have access to RIM, iPhone, WebOS, and Android, then you're crazy.

Seriously, this thing needs all of the help it can get. It's virtually non existent in public opinion.

By the way, up until perhaps 2 months from now, there isn't even real GSM in the entire middle of the country. From rural Texas all the way up to Montana and North Dakota (where I live) you can't buy T-Mobile or AT&T. There's roaming support...but they won't sell you a device and you get now 3G.

Look at what Verizon did for Android.....it basically birthed it into this world.....without Verizon....Android wouldn't be anywhere near where it was.
    Verizon should do well for any fragmented OS, because all the really want is phone sells anyway. Lets see when they can browse and talk on the phone at the same time. Time will tell. Remember, this is not a sprint. By the way, what phone do you use?
    02-24-2011 09:44 AM
    Did Verizon merge with Alltell?
    Verizon bought Alltel a few years back...but in order to go throw with the sale, they had to divest in a bunch of areas where they would have had a monopoly...and AT&T picked them up.
    02-24-2011 02:28 PM
    Verizon should do well for any fragmented OS, because all the really want is phone sells anyway. Lets see when they can browse and talk on the phone at the same time. Time will tell. Remember, this is not a sprint. By the way, what phone do you use?
    LTE phones will be able to browse and talk this year most likely. It looks like the Thunderbolt will be capable of that when in an LTE area.

I use a Verizon Droid Incredible that's been rooted to an Android 2.3 rom. Like I said...untill maybe April...there's never been true GSM service in North Dakota. It's just a silly business decision and we haven't seen any evidence that Windows Phone 7 is even going to succeed.

Microsoft has done an amazing job with developers, but they need to leverage all of the strengths they can to be competitive. It's an awesome OS, but it's still lacking a lot of features of WebOS, iOS, and Android.
    02-24-2011 02:36 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD