so MS finally talks and says nothing.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Blah! Screw the roadmap when thing are buggy as hell NOW. Having to do resets due to tiles not working (Music and Video, Marketplace). Having ALL songs downloaded from Zune skip the last 5 seconds of the song EVERYTIME. You can't compare features COMING to WP7 to what's already available. It's not like other OSs is just going to sit back and not upgrade also.
@sdchris. Yeah, there are some on the forum that that talk about WP7 being buggy...if you were new you would think the phones were not working and bricked. I have owned my Samsung Focus since Nov 8th and I am completely satisfied with it in its current state. I have had a 32GB Kingston Class 4 card installed in it so I have plenty storage. The phone is simply amazing. The iPhone and Andriod with their static icons pale in comparison to WP7. WP7 is truley a data aggragator, giving you the information you need at a glance. The iPhone and Andriod are merely application launchers. Thats why they need sooo many applications to make up for the lack of functionality in the OS. They need an App for everything. WP7 being a totally new phone OS (nothing brought over from WM6) is superior in most areas. To be honest, most of the things that folks in the forum complain about, I don't even notice on my phone. I think I could have used copy and paste maybe a 2 times. If they stop complaining about when an update is coming, and pay attention to the WP7 roadmap, they will see the great things that are coming. Might I add that most of the complainers don't even have WP7!!! M$ is building an ecosystem to support WP7 that the competition can't compete with. Features like IE9 with hardware acceleration. The same IE9 engine thats being released today on desktops is coming to WP7. The same IE9 that smoked Chrome 11 in performance test. Twitter integration directly into the People Hub. Full support for Office documents on the Skydrive. A sweet multitasking task switcher that will allow you to move from app to app quickly resume where you were. More integation with XBOX Live to include kinect. I'm just naming a few. So there is a bright future ahead for WP7. We just need to be patient with the update process as they work things out and stop drinking the posion of some on this forum who will never be satisfied.
Oh, btw, Chrome is far superior to IE. That's why MS tried to copy it.

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If you'd like, I'll compile a list showing how every single aspect of the phone is in some way bugged. Unfotunately, it'll take some time.

@mgarcia...I'm starting to think that this is what you do for a living. COMPLAIN!!! I don't think you even own a WP7. If you do, I will say it again...Don't use it or sell it. Move on with your life. Let go of it. You are a Chronic complainer.

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
UMM, how was this insider info on mar14??? MS had already officially delayed nodo until second half of march by this post....
I'd rather wait 2 extra weeks and get a working update across 99% of the phones then to release one that may have problems on certain oem's (thanks samsung for having broken bootloaders)
Not to mention this update has been ready since december, but the damn carriers are a PIA. That is the part I want to see fixed. Carriers need to get out of the way.

What are all these issues? Besides marketplace closes, what other problems are y'all having? I've been forced to soft reset my phone TWICE since november, once while watching a video it froze and soft reset itself (very handy) and once I had no volume that led to a soft reset. I haven't even seen the marketplace bug in over 2 months.

agreed. And I thought all the crying about wp7 was being done on xda...

I could care less about copy and paste, just give me the speed enhancements and marketplace fix...
I wouldn't call the marketplace issues severe, I haven't even seen them in 2 months.

agreed.
I bought the phone because it had everything I needed. slingbox, netflix, zune, games. My phone is a toy only.

tech enthusiasts are not enough of the market, if it was then winmo wouldn't have failed. Why are you trying to talk your mom into a phone she doesn't want? Apparently she's smart enough to know that wp7 won't meet her needs. Apparently you didn't realize that for yourself.

IOS had to issue a bug fix the first 96 hours. The only bug fix I can see MS doing is marketplace and push notifications.
My phone isn't broken. What you are describing sounds like stock winmo. Constant freezes, lag, stuttering UI. None of this has happened on my hd7. I haven't even soft reset in probably a week and never have had to delete a text message either so the sms app would open right. Matter of fact, I tried to lock it up sending hundreds of sms and I couldn't do it.

Please do. I'd like to see this. All these bugs that are crashing wp7. And don't mean the occasional program close, I've seen that on all os's. But real bugs like the marketplace bug that are reproduceable across all phones on the platform.

Nicely put nrfitchett4. Listening to mgarcia and some others complain, I was beginning to believe that I had the only properly functioning WP7. I have no idea about most of the stuff he is saying. I just don't see them on my phone. Maybe mgarcia doesn't really know how this industry works. So maybe that why the only thing really "Broken" is his logic.

Last edited:

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I tend to find that there are some people that just will find anything to complain about,
from coffie being to hot or cold, to how loud or soft the tv is at night ...
you just can't win

"Winning!"

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So Wheelerk, I'm sorry if all posts on these forums aren't cheering Microsoft on and you have to come into contact with posts that you might think are negative. At the end of the day, this forum is about an open exchange of ideas. I'm willing to read posts that are contrary to my opinion. I hope you are too.

Yes the forum should be an exchange of ideas, not a constant complaints about things that you don't really understand and things you can't change. And it shouldn't be repetitive rants about missing features that have already been mentioned and that we know are being addressed. We are not going to change how quickly M$ releases updates and the process that the M$, the hardware companies and the carriers have decided on. So why complain and make idle threats about, not purchasing the phone or going back to your old phone if they don't meet your demands. So folks are acting like the kidnappers in the movie "Ruthless People". Why would M$ take any of that seriously? Frankly, I think they are approaching this very smart. Its like you guys want them to be reckless. I guess then you would complain about that too. In the Marine Corps, we had a saying, "Slow is smooth and smooth is fast". Also, I think once the process is more mature, the frequency of updates will increase. But for now, they are doing the right thing.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
May I ask what makes you a expert on how MS is doing the right thing right now?
Yes the forum should be an exchange of ideas, not a constant complaints about things that you don't really understand and things you can't change. And it shouldn't be repetitive rants about missing features that have already been mentioned and that we know are being addressed. We are not going to change how quickly M$ releases updates and the process that the M$, the hardware companies and the carriers have decided on. So why complain and make idle threats about, not purchasing the phone or going back to your old phone if they don't meet your demands. So folks are acting like the kidnappers in the movie "Ruthless People". Why would M$ take any of that seriously? Frankly, I think they are approaching this very smart. Its like you guys want them to be reckless. I guess then you would complain about that too. In the Marine Corps, we had a saying, "Slow is smooth and smooth is fast". Also, I think once the process is more mature, the frequency of updates will increase. But for now, they are doing the right thing.
Only time will tell if they are doing the right thing. LOL, the Kin had more updates. It was killed off in months.

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
May I ask what makes you a expert on how MS is doing the right thing right now?

Only time will tell if they are doing the right thing. LOL, the Kin had more updates. It was killed off in months.

Then that should prove that more updates doesn't equal success.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess some of us that are really excited to have a windows phone device that works and doesn't freeze 5 times a day, are just getting frustrated by all the negativity.

I guess some of us that are not really excited to have a Windows Phone device that doesn't work and does freeze 5 times a day are just getting frustrated by all the positivity.

Please do. I'd like to see this. All these bugs that are crashing wp7. And don't mean the occasional program close, I've seen that on all os's. But real bugs like the marketplace bug that are reproduceable across all phones on the platform.

Unless noted otherwise, I have seen all of the following bugs occur on my Focus, my girlfriend's Quantum, and a coworker's HD7.

1. When I press the unlock/lock/power button, the screen just flashes.
2. Alarms - unable to wake from music
3. AT&T apps - usually just launchers for AT&T's website
4. Calculator - I guess you got me there.
5. Calendar - Keeps deleting entries, deletes more entries, unable to process multiple calendars, then it deletes more entries.
6. Camera - Do I even need to start? What a joke.
7. Hotmail - One of the better parts of the phone, but horrid multiple folder management, unability to mark spam, no option to auto show pictures, and horrible attachment management (along with a long list of other, smaller nuisances) means that I still have to log in to my computer once a day to re-sort all of my email.
8. Internet Explorer - slow, bugged, crashes, broken. I've heard some people haven't experienced this. I'm not sure if you're blind or a liar, but either way, good for you. IE has been a scrapheap of garbage on every WP7 device I touch.
9. Maps - I don't know if this is on Samsung or Microsoft, but it can't find me to save it's life.
10. Marketplace - If this doesn't crash on you daily, yer lucky. I think my record was six times in a row, requiring battery pulls just to get it to reinitialize.
11. Messaging - The single biggest problem I have with messaging is how slow and laggy the virtual keyboard is. I don't like having the "click click" sounds turned on when I'm typing on a sheet of glass, but this keyboard is so horrendous that I have to. It will go 2-3 seconds and ignore all contact made, skipping over entire words at times.
12. Music and Videos - DRM'd music (ie: anything I download on my Zunepass) is broken and stutters. Videos, unless running at native resolutions, are broken and stutter. It's 2011 and we're not even talking about if the ability to play embedded youtube videos will ever exist. Compared to a ZuneHD, this phone is a joke. Oh, and there's still no STOP button.
13. Office - I just have one word - Skydrive. Ugh.
14. People - Randomly deletes off of my start page. Randomly deletes pictures. No auto update for people feed. Randomly un-links multiple entries. Broken.
15. Phone - Biggest problem here is that no one seems to be able to make a headset with a microphone that works properly. Even using the Samsung headset that came with the phone, the phone uses the speakerphone mic and just puts the output voice through the headset. Probably Samsung's problem, still broken. Oh, and it's 2011 and they haven't even talked about bringing visual voicemail to wp7 yet. Joke. Not Samsung's fault - about 10% of the incoming calls answered result in no outgoing voice. Nah, it's cool, they don't need to hear me anyway.
16. Pictures - Eh, looks like that's #2 bug free.. but with the b*ner that Belfiore gets over his pictures hub, this is to be expected. If only everything else worked this smoothly.
17. WiFi turns off when the screen is off. This should have been patched the day the phone launched, to go 6 months with this causing people's data bills to skyrocket is offensive.
18. It's almost Q2 2011 and I can't choose my own ringtone.
19. Xbox crashes about 50% of the time I launch it. If I'm lucky enough to get the Xbox live page open, then I have about a 50% chance of the game I want to play crashing. I'm not good at math, but I think that means that if I want to play a game, I have to essentially try to launch the game FOUR TIMES before I finally get the "Microsoft Studios" screen of life. Oh, and half of the games have acheivement bugs.
20. Finally, Settings - settings is probably the worst one of the bunch, because there aren't any. the sheer, undeniable, mind-blowing LACK of switches and buttons available to us in the settings is frightening.. The settings page makes iOS feel like an open-sourced software. It's bad. Worst part of WP7.

Well, I just went through the apps that came on the phone. If anyone else has any apps that you'd like me to tear apart and tell you why they're broken, just let me know. Thanks guys!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
LOL, you should switch to a different phone. No way can they satisfy you. I thought I was being b1tchy about my Zune and Marketplace problems. Sheesh.

sdchris

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
There are some things that irk me about the phone, but nothing major like you are claiming, mgarcia. I think you should return your phone and be done with wp7. It seems like you have a really bad phone, live in a terribly serviced area, are completely rough with your phone, or don't know how to operate it. You can pick one that fits, because I honestly don't have half the problems you have.

My main issues are sometimes the songs get quirky at the transitions and ie loads webpages slow on wifi. But if I were you, Mgarcia, I would take the phone back or get a phone with Android.

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes, "this OS is too broken for you, move along" is a great response. That'll solve everyone's problems. Ask Palm.

I looked at your list and I have come to the conclusion that you are a total misery. I'm sure there is a medical term for you. I don't think you will ever be satisfied. Unless you have a damaged phone with corrupted firmware alone with a corrupted ROM, there is no way you can be experiencing all of that. I think you need to be studied. :) I'm sure they will find something.

wrong

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I guess some of us that are not really excited to have a Windows Phone device that doesn't work and does freeze 5 times a day are just getting frustrated by all the positivity.

Unless noted otherwise, I have seen all of the following bugs occur on my Focus, my girlfriend's Quantum, and a coworker's HD7.

5. Calendar - Keeps deleting entries, deletes more entries, unable to process multiple calendars, then it deletes more entries.
7. Hotmail - One of the better parts of the phone, but horrid multiple folder management, unability to mark spam, no option to auto show pictures, and horrible attachment management (along with a long list of other, smaller nuisances) means that I still have to log in to my computer once a day to re-sort all of my email.
8. Internet Explorer - slow, bugged, crashes, broken. I've heard some people haven't experienced this. I'm not sure if you're blind or a liar, but either way, good for you. IE has been a scrapheap of garbage on every WP7 device I touch.
9. Maps - I don't know if this is on Samsung or Microsoft, but it can't find me to save it's life.
10. Marketplace - If this doesn't crash on you daily, yer lucky. I think my record was six times in a row, requiring battery pulls just to get it to reinitialize.
11. Messaging - The single biggest problem I have with messaging is how slow and laggy the virtual keyboard is. I don't like having the "click click" sounds turned on when I'm typing on a sheet of glass, but this keyboard is so horrendous that I have to. It will go 2-3 seconds and ignore all contact made, skipping over entire words at times.
12. Music and Videos - DRM'd music (ie: anything I download on my Zunepass) is broken and stutters. Videos, unless running at native resolutions, are broken and stutter. It's 2011 and we're not even talking about if the ability to play embedded youtube videos will ever exist. Compared to a ZuneHD, this phone is a joke. Oh, and there's still no STOP button.
14. People - Randomly deletes off of my start page. Randomly deletes pictures. No auto update for people feed. Randomly un-links multiple entries. Broken.
15. Phone - Biggest problem here is that no one seems to be able to make a headset with a microphone that works properly. Even using the Samsung headset that came with the phone, the phone uses the speakerphone mic and just puts the output voice through the headset. Probably Samsung's problem, still broken. Oh, and it's 2011 and they haven't even talked about bringing visual voicemail to wp7 yet. Joke. Not Samsung's fault - about 10% of the incoming calls answered result in no outgoing voice. Nah, it's cool, they don't need to hear me anyway.
16. Pictures - Eh, looks like that's #2 bug free.. but with the b*ner that Belfiore gets over his pictures hub, this is to be expected. If only everything else worked this smoothly.
17. WiFi turns off when the screen is off. This should have been patched the day the phone launched, to go 6 months with this causing people's data bills to skyrocket is offensive.
19. Xbox crashes about 50% of the time I launch it. If I'm lucky enough to get the Xbox live page open, then I have about a 50% chance of the game I want to play crashing. I'm not good at math, but I think that means that if I want to play a game, I have to essentially try to launch the game FOUR TIMES before I finally get the "Microsoft Studios" screen of life. Oh, and half of the games have acheivement bugs.
20. Finally, Settings - settings is probably the worst one of the bunch, because there aren't any. the sheer, undeniable, mind-blowing LACK of switches and buttons available to us in the settings is frightening.. The settings page makes iOS feel like an open-sourced software. It's bad. Worst part of WP7.

Well, I just went through the apps that came on the phone. If anyone else has any apps that you'd like me to tear apart and tell you why they're broken, just let me know. Thanks guys!

Dude, you got a lemon phone. My Focus doesn't have any of those issues.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I have a Dell venue pro and even with its issues I dont see the problems posted. Occasional crashes yes, with wifi on almost instant but apart from that nothing remotely like what mgarcia posted.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
LOL, you should switch to a different phone. No way can they satisfy you. I thought I was being b1tchy about my Zune and Marketplace problems. Sheesh.

I agree. I experience hardly any of the issues he reported. The virtual keyboard one especially made me laugh when considering how laggy the one in iOS is by comparison.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Dude, you got a lemon phone. My Focus doesn't have any of those issues.

I totally agree. This business of seeing all these issues on 3 different devices I am just not buying. I have 2 Focuses in my household and have only seen some of those issues and extremely rarely. The only one that happens regularly is the marketplace crash, but I never once had to remove my battery to resolve that issue.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Dude, you need to replace your phone
I had a Samsung Focus and it was rock solid and the camera was awsome 10x better than the dell venue so it looks like you have a bad device ..
you should return it and get a replacement ..
did you add a sd card to your device ? maybee that could be your problem ...
most of your problems sounds like a hardware issue..

Did you drop your phone in the tolet like that commercial ? you know that wasent real.. you cant do that..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar