WP7 does not resolve received calls into saved contact names

kazanti

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello, this is a problem reported by dozens of people and in various countries and networks and with different WP7 models (HTC Trophy - HTC Mozart - HTC HD7 - Samsung).

e.g. if the caller id is 12345678 and my saved contact has value +44 12345678 - the caller id does not resolve to the contact name and instead the phone number is displayed on the screen. The same issue is when the caller id is +44 12345678 and my saved contact has value 12345678.

It is also reported all over the internet that this is related to a wrong WP7 registry entry CallerIDMatch which has an incorrect value.

To fix this issue you need to do the WP7 Registry tweak :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone]
"CallIDMatch"=dword:7

But everybody knows that this is a priviledge for registered developers only.

The problem remains even after the NODO update is applied. I use a HTC Trophy (sim unlocked). I reconfirmed just today with colleagues working in our company branches in Norway, UK and Cyprus that they experience the exact same problem before and after the NODO update. Phones used by other experiencing the same problem are HTC and Samsung (all phones are sim unlocked)

So ... since the problem is general and ongoing for months (initially reported back in November 2010) and no fix has been issued either by Microsoft or the WP7 manufacturers or the carriers ... what do we WP7 users have to do?

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Kaxanti,
have you called Microsoft on this issue or reported it to the windowsphone support boards ? I am supprised that this has not been fixed or looked at ..

kazanti

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
it's reported all over the internet and it is an issue that can hardly be missed. I reported the same on MSDN WP7 forum but no reply yet.

Verizon Hopeful

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
This is certainly in the category of fixes for which Microsoft ought to be able to issue quick fixes that completely bypass the "service" providers. There is no reason Microsoft should wait, roll this into a huge, twice a year Service Pack and then wait again for "testing" by Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc. These nagging usability problems may not be considered "high priority" issues by Microsoft, but they make a huge difference to consumers who just want these phones to work.

bome#WP

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem in Bosnia: If my contact is saved as +387 65 xxxxxx, caller will not be recognized as contact and phone number without international code will be displayed, but SMS sender will be recognized. On the other hand, if my contact is saved as 065 xxxxxx, caller will be recognized as contact, but SMS sender will not, because international code number will be dispalyed (+387 65 xxxxxx). The only solution for now is to save two numbers for one contact, with and without international code, that I don't want to do.
I've been asking from HTC Customer Support (my device is HTC Trophy) from January to solve this issue and I am getting answer that they are seriously working on it.
Rumors are that my and similar devices are made for US market and that is why we, from Europe, have this problem.
This is very basic issue and, I suppose easy to solve, but after three updates (pre-NoDo, NoDo and HTC Update for Windows Phone) it still remains...
No other option but to wait...

Kibosh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
This is certainly in the category of fixes for which Microsoft ought to be able to issue quick fixes that completely bypass the "service" providers. There is no reason Microsoft should wait, roll this into a huge, twice a year Service Pack and then wait again for "testing" by Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc. These nagging usability problems may not be considered "high priority" issues by Microsoft, but they make a huge difference to consumers who just want these phones to work.

I didn't have the issue yet on my phone, the HTC Mozart. I save all my contacts with +32 xxx, but I don't receive international calls. I'll will watch it, and post back when it happens.

Yep, We consumers want our phones to work! I coudn't have cared less about Nodo, I only wanted some fixes to the basics of the phone. I have a feeling MS is to busy working on Mango and forgetting the rest.

MS is forgetting one big thing about consumers, and that is mounth to mounth publicity. If someone asks me, should I by a WP7 phone, my answer is: not yet! And that's not because it can't multi-task, not because it doesn't have the new IE, nope, it's just because some items, that should be standard, aren't yet what it should be.

Instead of the list what's extra with Mango, I would prefer a list with what they are fixing

Last edited:

rassac

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
hello guys...it's end of 2012 and apparently this phone issue hasnt been resolved yet! I have HTC HD7. Posted on twitter a few weeks ago but had no reply either! maybe microsoft believed in 2012 as end of the world...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3