New Mango features!

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Just being real. Phone was buggy as **** when released. Maybe you're just overly supportive. *shrugs*

Initial realease, buggy. Pre-NoDo update release, buggy. NoDo update, buggy. History teaches us lessons. Only if you're willing to learn though.

it just went wrong on the Samsung devices, especially the focus because Samsung decided to do something differently with the memory. it went smoothly on all other devices.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thats interesting. Let us know if you find out any more specific information on that subject, and I will do the same. Very interesting indeed.
Unfortunately there's not much I can do to help I don't have a dev unlocked device so I can't really mess with the registry and such, and I don't really intend to pay to unlock it anytime soon. That's actually one of the main reasons why I came over to Windows Phone from Android I was more preoccupied flashing roms and such rather than just keeping it as a phone.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The tiles locking and requiring a reboot, Zune drm music skipping the last 5 seconds of every song "downloaded", and the still ongoing push limit causing notifications problems.
I don't remember most of these bugs. The OS wasn't feature complete, but it wasn't "buggy."

There a thread about it, it was started pre NoDo, you can go check it out if you like. But those were the big 3. IMO.
Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The tiles locking and requiring a reboot, Zune drm music skipping the last 5 seconds of every song "downloaded", and the still ongoing push limit causing notifications problems.

There a thread about it, it was started pre NoDo, you can go check it out if you like. But those were the big 3. IMO.

Curious as to if you are experiencing these problems yourself or have just read about them? I am always reading about things that go wrong with phones and either I am extremely lucky or something else is going on because I rarely have issues with any of my technology I use at home. The one exception being the captivate I am using now, POS for sure, but there are enough custom ROMs out there to keep me going for a little bit longer until I get my hands on a windows phone.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
All three constantly,preNoDo. Only the push error now.
Curious as to if you are experiencing these problems yourself or have just read about them? I am always reading about things that go wrong with phones and either I am extremely lucky or something else is going on because I rarely have issues with any of my technology I use at home. The one exception being the captivate I am using now, POS for sure, but there are enough custom ROMs out there to keep me going for a little bit longer until I get my hands on a windows phone.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Just being real. Phone was buggy as **** when released. Maybe you're just overly supportive. *shrugs*

Initial realease, buggy. Pre-NoDo update release, buggy. NoDo update, buggy. History teaches us lessons. Only if you're willing to learn though.

maybe for you but, please don't presume to speak for the rest of us. My experiences with my DVP have been smooth and trouble-free thru all of the updates to-date. So, speaking only for MYSELF... the lesson history has taught me is that WP7 is a remarkably BUG-FREE smartphone O/S...

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Apparently Smart DJ will be coming to Mango also.

Yup, and on phone playlist creation.

Plus other goodies announced today: more email features & corporate email features (folder pinning, conversation view, full server search, threaded email, Rights Management ect), alpha-numeric passwords, LYNC integration ect. Mango is going to be huge lol. I can't wait for the 24th, we are getting almost everything we asked for, and many things we didn't, and still only know of the pre-announcement info.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

i don't have that Zune music problem or the push notification problem except for maybe one app (works for the others) im going to have to declare a case of operator error on this one.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
i don't have that Zune music problem or the push notification problem except for maybe one app (works for the others) im going to have to declare a case of operator error on this one.
By Zune music he's talking about the DRM Zune Pass downloaded music, not personal music that was synced through Zune, that plays just fine. As for the tile notifications, this is a confirmed issue by multiple devs and affects all apps that use a live tile no device is immune to it but you can minimize it by limiting the number of third party live tile apps that you use.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

Think I have read that the 5sec thing was associated specifically with the Focus.

To help the cause on push notifications; what device, how long since the last factory reset, and how many push/live tiles do you have currently. Problem is an accumulation of discarded registry keys that eventually stops one app a t a time.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Thankfully I didn't get any bugs because I bought my phone last month and installed Nodo right away. The only problems is that sometimes I press a title and another one opens up instead, and my fingers aren't fat =/.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE

Added some new stuff and cleaned it up a little. Also added a link to the WinRumors article about all the updates, has some video for those who have not watched the MIX '11 videos yet. Check it out.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Thankfully I didn't get any bugs because I bought my phone last month and installed Nodo right away. The only problems is that sometimes I press a title and another one opens up instead, and my fingers aren't fat =/.
never had that issue... i have that issue with all my android devices, especially in sms. i send around 10K a month and it happens all too often. never happened on my focus, tiles or sms app.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
oh, i was so tired last night, i didn't finish my thought.

i actually have sent the wrong messages to people on android... and luckily i don't use names... i could have been in trouble. ha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes