Too many messges within thread causes lag?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I deleted it before I could verify that was the issue, but I had a thread with the messaging app that was probably 1000 msgs long and it was within a few days.

Has anyone ever experienced lag when they are too many messages in a thread?

Disclaimer: I was drinking a lot of alcohol :p so maybe it was me moving in slow mo.

Gadget Freak

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be having the same problem. The screen freezes for about 3 seconds while I'm typing.
This started hapening after NoDo update.

I really would rather not delete the threads, but this is becoming a tad frustrating.

This happens even when I'm sober!!!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
lol.... there isn't a feature to lock certain messages, so that's the only reason I don't want to delete a whole thread.

Sent from my Windows Phone 7 via Board Express

gyrferret

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me. The thing is that the OS tries to load the ENTIRE history, rather than just, say, the last 50 messages. This causes me to have to delete the conversation outright from time to time too.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
i've been wondering if this might happen ever since i sent/received my first from messages with my DVP... kinda annoying if i'm going to have to periodically delete my conversations just to keep messaging.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
i was really hoping it was the liquor... ha.

ah well. hope this gets addressed with mango. i remember the iPhone used to load all as well, then switched it where you had to click to show more. more doesn't give all messages, but a certain amount of messages (not sure what the number is) gets loaded up and if you need more, you'd hit the more button.

gyrferret

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I think Microsoft didn't anticipate us sending as many texts as we do. :p

But it just means once a week or two I've gotta purge the texts. Nothing that bad IMO.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
i actually texted the most of my wp7 than i did on my android. lol.

i was just shy of 10K messages last month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon