Calendar Tricks?

rsmiley0

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
OK, so does anyone have any tips and tricks for keeping your Calendar? I seem to have a bunch of issues:
1. Ok, So Live puts all your Holidays into a seperate calendar, how do you get those to your Phone? You can only sync a single calendar. I knew it was Flag Day coming up but my phone did not have any mention of it.

2. In Live , there are some Birthday entries , again on a different calendar!, that came from Facebook that are doubled up. The problem is that they are both read only so I cant clean this up. I tried the look for duplicate contacts and there is none. I would also like to get these dates onto a single "master" calendar.

This seems like stuff that will be addressed in Mango, but for now I would like to be/get organized.

Thanks!

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
If you aren't against two separate calendars grab .ics files (from like iCalShare) and import them into your main google calendar sync and viola. This is what I did for holidays and a few other items as well.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If you aren't against two separate calendars grab .ics files (from like iCalShare) and import them into your main google calendar sync and viola. This is what I did for holidays and a few other items as well.

The problem with that is it's only practical to import static calendars. I want to subscribe to dynamic calendars, particularly meetup calendars.

As much as I love WP7, subscribing to ical (or rss, atom, etc.) calendars is a very basic function and it's sad that the calendar app doesn't allow it.

Spyral

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
As much as I love WP7, subscribing to ical (or rss, atom, etc.) calendars is a very basic function and it's sad that the calendar app doesn't allow it.

Do we know if Mango will support these kinds of calendars, as well as multiple calendars under the same service?

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Log into your windows live account at Sign In and you can use the web interface to subscribe to a public calendar or import a ICS file. It will then sync with your phone as you want.

rsmiley5

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
More Calendar

Doesnt the Subscribe from the LIVE web site calendar just make another calendar in the left side (I have my Holidays, but they are in a different color in a different calendar). Seems like Phone only sync's one calendar.

Now if there is an ICS file that is all the US Holidays, I assume I could then import that onto my main calendar. Where would I get such a file and would there be any downfall of importing these now?

Thanks

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Doesnt the Subscribe from the LIVE web site calendar just make another calendar in the left side (I have my Holidays, but they are in a different color in a different calendar). Seems like Phone only sync's one calendar.

Now if there is an ICS file that is all the US Holidays, I assume I could then import that onto my main calendar. Where would I get such a file and would there be any downfall of importing these now?

Thanks

iCalShare

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon