Good afternoon,

I would like to know if it's possible to add more than one mobile number to each contact. I don't know how people do in other countries but here in Portugal it's normal to see people with 3 mobile phones (one for each carrier) and it would be good if I could add all those details to my contacts (because a mobile phone number is not an home number or a work number!!!).

Cheers,
    Manuel
    07-11-2011 11:43 AM
    Im pretty sure you CAN`T do it for now , this might be done in the MANGO update doh ,

for now the only work around is to add the second mobile as a work/home number.

unless there is a way to do it with HOMEBRUW.
    07-11-2011 12:03 PM
    I have Mango and you can only have 1 mobile number per contact but you can add 2 home and 2 work numbers per contact if that's any help to you manewinho. :)
    07-11-2011 12:12 PM
    What you could do is save each number as a different contact and link all of them together. All of the mobile numbers will show up as separate entries and will allow you to choose which to call or text. For example if you have a contact named John Do. Enter another contact John D, John, etc. And link them all together.
    07-11-2011 01:36 PM
    Yeah this is kind of dumb, a lot of people have google voice numbers as well for secondary numbers.
    07-11-2011 03:23 PM
    The problem I had with the single Mobile number was that you can't text any number that isn't a Mobile. While you can still only have one number of type 'Mobile' in Mango you can actually text any other type (Work 1, Work 2, Home 1, Home 2, etc...) of number.
    07-11-2011 08:32 PM
    I'm on NoDo and I have 2 mobile numbers and 2 text numbers under one contact. Just do the method I described above.
    07-11-2011 08:35 PM
    ummm... I've got multiple contacts on my phone that each have more than one mobile number listed so I don't know why people are saying that it can't be done.
    07-12-2011 08:08 AM
    How do you merge contacts? i haven’t be able to figure it out!!!
    07-12-2011 08:26 AM
    You select the contact you want to start off with and you see the 2 link chain at the bottom, press that and select the contact you want it to merge with.
    selfcreation likes this.
    07-12-2011 08:35 AM
    nice awsome. i was trying to click hold the contact and in the setting lol . was turning in circles. lol
    07-12-2011 10:37 AM
    In Mango you can switch to text a different phone number for the contact just like you can switch to Facebook chat or WLM. Its very handy. Any phone number comes up and you just have to know if you can actually send texts to it.

It would be nice to have multiple "mobile" labeled fields though.
    07-12-2011 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD