Default Wifi Work Around?

Waucckhewww

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
From what I have gathered there is no way to set a default wireless network. Does any one know if this will change with Mango? What I am wondering is if anyone has found a work around to connect to a prefered network.

Heres my scenario, I am on a college campus, and there are multipe networks. The two I am concerned with are 'Guest-Wireless' and 'Wireless.' I would like to be able to connect to both but I could stand to just connect to 'Wireless.' I can connect to each of them fine but since 'Guest-Wireless' comes first alphabetically it connects to that network...and every time the screen locks and unlocks it reconnects.

This is a problem because the Guest network requires you to access the browser and click an Agree to terms button everytime you use it.

Main Questions:
-Fixed in Mango?
-Can I make the guest network so it doesnt connect?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i use 2 diffrent WIFI , (at home and at work ) both pasword protected ( and at work we have guess and non guess ) because its Password protected i connect automaticly to the one i previously connected.

so i guess the work arround would be to password protect the networks you want to connect ato nd your phone should reconize them when your in range and auto connect you to it.

Waucckhewww

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
i use 2 diffrent WIFI , (at home and at work ) both pasword protected ( and at work we have guess and non guess ) because its Password protected i connect automaticly to the one i previously connected.

so i guess the work arround would be to password protect the networks you want to connect ato nd your phone should reconize them when your in range and auto connect you to it.

That makes sense, unfortunately the University network (non-guest) allows you to connect to the network and once you are in the borwser it prompts user authentification.

It is the university network so I cant control the network settings.

Using the Guest network is ok with me but since it logs off the Wifi under the lock screen, I need to re-agree to terms every time my phone sleeps.

Any other ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes