Mango!!!!!!!!!!!

rick9814911#WP

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So i just followed the steps on this site Noob frendly MANGO update - xda-developers and i finally have mango!!! I have an htc surround and if yoou follow the steps on this site than everything should work fine. Im very excited!! ive really been wanting to try mango and this was very easy to do. I havent had a chance to really test it but after i spend a day or 2 with it ill report back and let all of you know how it works. Hopefully not too many bugs!!

rick9814911#WP

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Im sporting mango and now prefer my focus over my sgs2.

This is kind of what happened with me. I had a iPhone 4 and my surround. When I had nodo I wouldn't get rid of the iPhone but now that I have mango there's just no reason to keep my iPhone. I sold my iPhone and now im all windows phone :) mango is really awesome and I don't miss my iPhone at all. I'm happy to be away from apple, I did get an iPad but if there was a good windows tablet i would have gotten that instead. I don't really care for android. Mango is going awesome so far!!! I have it for a few days now and I haven't had very many issues with it. The only real annoying thing is when I try to hit the "end call" button it doesn't always work. Not sure y but it's annoying. Other than that it's rock solid. Im very pleased. windows phone is only gonna get better and when we get some newer hardware it's gonna be quite incredible. My single core 1ghz phone is smoother than dual core android phones. Microsoft has done an awesome job and I'm proud to call myself a windows phone ******!!

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
"also must resist urge" wait for mango official, must not void warranty for a beta version! although it is very tempting... i will be like a kid on christmas when it comes out!

and because i own an htc, i am willing to bet we get it before you samsung owners!!!

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
"also must resist urge" wait for mango official, must not void warranty for a beta version! although it is very tempting... i will be like a kid on christmas when it comes out!

and because i own an htc, i am willing to bet we get it before you samsung owners!!!

I thought you'll only void your warranty while you use the Beta, as carriers have no way to troubleshoot and/or fix any damage that the beta does IF you brick it.... So, if you revert back to a previous "official" version; your carrier can support you.

jesdt

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
@dlusted
my understanding is that your warranty will be permantly voided if you fiddle with the firmware in any way. In most cases though, the seller has no way to prove it as the employees are missing the technical competence, diagnosis tools and time. But I wouldn't recommend sending in a bricked device to the OEM ;)

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Same Here

I'm in the same camp as you. I feel that NoDo on my Quantum is more than enough to get me by. A friend of mine got the official version from MS and has been endlessly teasing me, so I know what I'm missing, but I'm not willing to chance it. I know just enough to know that I don't know enough to go messing with it and risk not being able to go back to the proper restore point to get the official version, which may actually be out in a month or so.

I can wait. (It's still taking alot of willpower though.)

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
@dlusted
my understanding is that your warranty will be permantly voided if you fiddle with the firmware in any way. In most cases though, the seller has no way to prove it as the employees are missing the technical competence, diagnosis tools and time. But I wouldn't recommend sending in a bricked device to the OEM ;)

Well, I know mine's been void since I unbranded my HD7 when NoDo came out, as my carrier (o2) like many UK carriers didn't take their fingers out the arses, and ship their bulked up version of NoDo ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes