Mango on Sept 1st - Could it be?

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
yea doubt it, there is going to be alot of speculation as to when it will be released in the next few weeks, but my guess is first week of october

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My Guess is the carriers are going to be the worst part.

Especially AT&T. AT&T has a very rigorous testing period, and they are not afraid to hold back a product (take a look at the new Blackberry's, AT&T isn't going to have them out until November).

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It's possible, but I do not know for sure. AT&T, while it has some of the fastest 3g, and gets a majority of phones that get released, they are a terrible provider. They load up phones with crapware, and block some major features that certain phones offer, so that they can sell the same service (take AT&T blocking Blackberry Bridge for example). The reps at AT&T, at least in my area, are not the best, and the plan prices are ridiculous in comparison to the competition.

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
i dont understand blocking the blackberry bridge. thats how the bb tablet works. you almost need to bridge it to your phone. thats is just stupid. but, that being said, i still have unlimited data, so i cant leave them.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The reason that they blocked Blackberry Bridge, is because bridge provides a tethering option. You can use bridge to sync your phone to your playbook, then the playbook can run off of your phone's 3g signal. Since AT&T blocked it, you then have to pay for their tethering service.

I get pretty decent coverage from AT&T, at least in my area. The main reason I'm staying is because they get all the best phones.

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
i guess i get the blocking the bridge thing, but they are taking a feature away. a needed feature until rim updates the firmware on the pb

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't get it at all. Blackberry users are paying for their data plan just like everyone else, it's not like it costs AT&T any extra to let BB users sync to their tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss