Unified Email, Less Clutter

MedicX

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I caved and bought the Arrive yesterday from someone off of Craigslist. Nice phone, very nice.

Right now, my biggest issue is with email. I have never really used hotmail before, but in preparation for getting into WP, I created me a live account, my wife an individual acct, and a family acct so that we can use the Zune on the same computer and seperate devices if and when the time comes.

For who knows how many years, I have been using Gmail. I have a personal acct where stuff for me is sent, and my calendar which I use for scheduling work. I also have a Gmail Family email address/calendar that my wife and I both used for scheduling family things or emails that we wanted to keep separate from our personal emails.

So, what do I do? I can't stand the clutter of multiple email accounts on my Start Page or my Apps page. I started to have the Gmail forwarded to my Hotmail, but this seems to be a pain in my rearend.

Any suggestions from the WP7 Gurus out there would be much appreciated.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
This was a complaint of mine as well, luckily it's rectified by Mango which allows you to set up linked inboxes. I just installed the 7720 build and love it, but it should be coming to those who don't want to go that route soon.

MedicX

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a million. This was a huge concern for me coming from the Palm Pre where everything could be linked and yet kept separate.

Currently, I am in the process of setting up pop3 forwarding to my Hotmail acct. Not sure if this is a good idea, but was thinking it was worth a try. The only thing is having 2 Hotmail accts on there because the device advised to sign in with the acct that was used for Zune.

Any suggestions on that? LOL

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Linking email

This was a complaint of mine as well, luckily it's rectified by Mango which allows you to set up linked inboxes. I just installed the 7720 build and love it, but it should be coming to those who don't want to go that route soon.

How did you do the link inboxes. I have four on the screen and I would like to have them all in one.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Pop into your email accounts and hit the 3 dots on the bottom aximtreo. There you will see the 'Link Inboxes' setting. Just select the accounts you want to link and you can then give the linked inbox a name. :) (Hope that made sense)

MedicX

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Pop into your email accounts and hit the 3 dots on the bottom aximtreo. There you will see the 'Link Inboxes' setting. Just select the accounts you want to link and you can then give the linked inbox a name. :) (Hope that made sense)

I'm curious, are you running Mango or NoDo?

MedicX

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I had went to my Hotmail and linked my 2 Gmail accounts to it. Created a box called archived for any older messages that were downloaded. Since I also rely heavily on my Gmail contacts, I had to keep that acct on there, but disabled downloading emails. I only kept contacts and calendar. We'll see if this works.

MedicX

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I ended up using my Hotmail calendar instead of the Gmail calendar. For some reason, this seems to have handled an "issue" that I was already having with calendar. I have got to say too, that I absolutely love this calendar.

The forwarded POP3 emails from my Gmail acct's to my Hotmail are working just as prescribed. So far, so good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon