I caved and bought the Arrive yesterday from someone off of Craigslist. Nice phone, very nice.

Right now, my biggest issue is with email. I have never really used hotmail before, but in preparation for getting into WP, I created me a live account, my wife an individual acct, and a family acct so that we can use the Zune on the same computer and seperate devices if and when the time comes.

For who knows how many years, I have been using Gmail. I have a personal acct where stuff for me is sent, and my calendar which I use for scheduling work. I also have a Gmail Family email address/calendar that my wife and I both used for scheduling family things or emails that we wanted to keep separate from our personal emails.

So, what do I do? I can't stand the clutter of multiple email accounts on my Start Page or my Apps page. I started to have the Gmail forwarded to my Hotmail, but this seems to be a pain in my rearend.

Any suggestions from the WP7 Gurus out there would be much appreciated.
    08-14-2011 01:30 PM
    This was a complaint of mine as well, luckily it's rectified by Mango which allows you to set up linked inboxes. I just installed the 7720 build and love it, but it should be coming to those who don't want to go that route soon.
    08-14-2011 01:41 PM
    Thanks a million. This was a huge concern for me coming from the Palm Pre where everything could be linked and yet kept separate.

Currently, I am in the process of setting up pop3 forwarding to my Hotmail acct. Not sure if this is a good idea, but was thinking it was worth a try. The only thing is having 2 Hotmail accts on there because the device advised to sign in with the acct that was used for Zune.

Any suggestions on that? LOL
    08-14-2011 01:45 PM
    This was a complaint of mine as well, luckily it's rectified by Mango which allows you to set up linked inboxes. I just installed the 7720 build and love it, but it should be coming to those who don't want to go that route soon.

How did you do the link inboxes. I have four on the screen and I would like to have them all in one.

Thanks
    08-14-2011 02:28 PM
    Pop into your email accounts and hit the 3 dots on the bottom aximtreo. There you will see the 'Link Inboxes' setting. Just select the accounts you want to link and you can then give the linked inbox a name. :) (Hope that made sense)
    08-14-2011 02:36 PM
    Pop into your email accounts and hit the 3 dots on the bottom aximtreo. There you will see the 'Link Inboxes' setting. Just select the accounts you want to link and you can then give the linked inbox a name. :) (Hope that made sense)
    I'm curious, are you running Mango or NoDo?
    08-14-2011 03:14 PM
    I'm curious, are you running Mango or NoDo?
    Mango 7720 MedicX. Apologies perhaps i should have said.
    08-14-2011 03:18 PM
    Actually, I had went to my Hotmail and linked my 2 Gmail accounts to it. Created a box called archived for any older messages that were downloaded. Since I also rely heavily on my Gmail contacts, I had to keep that acct on there, but disabled downloading emails. I only kept contacts and calendar. We'll see if this works.
    08-14-2011 03:19 PM
    I ended up using my Hotmail calendar instead of the Gmail calendar. For some reason, this seems to have handled an "issue" that I was already having with calendar. I have got to say too, that I absolutely love this calendar.

The forwarded POP3 emails from my Gmail acct's to my Hotmail are working just as prescribed. So far, so good.
    08-14-2011 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD