09-15-2011 12:21 PM
35 12
tools
    Pick up your WP7 device and flick the tiles up and down, open up some apps, bing, IE, just to experience the smoothness? Going to be even worse when Mango hits.....:)
    cckgz4, Tee and 11B1P like this.
    09-09-2011 09:23 PM
    That's what I was doing when I seen your post...lol I already have Mango so I can tell ya for sure it gets worse ;)
    09-09-2011 09:31 PM
    Pick up your WP7 device and flick the tiles up and down, open up some apps, bing, IE, just to experience the smoothness? Going to be even worse when Mango hits.....:)
    a simple answer?

YES!
    09-09-2011 09:34 PM
    LOL yes
    09-09-2011 10:10 PM
    yeah, half of the time i just flick the tiles senseless when I'm bore...and open some apps with no purpose. ;-(
    09-09-2011 11:20 PM
    yeah, half of the time i just flick the tiles senseless when I'm bore...and open some apps with no purpose. ;-(
    Ditto.
    09-10-2011 12:05 AM
    Uhuh, ah say, Uhuh! :)
    09-10-2011 02:50 AM
    I love seeing the squash and stretch of text when you try to scroll after you've reached the end of a page. Real animation principle at work. This was definitely very well thought out.
    Judge_Daniel likes this.
    09-10-2011 03:51 AM
    Guilty.

Sometimes I pick up my phone, unlock it, and then realise I don't have a reason to be looking at it... doesn't stop me putting it back down though. :)
    09-10-2011 04:21 AM
    Okay I'm going to tell y'all this one its a great time waster. Start at the top flick the tiles then hit the start button real quickly the screen will go to the top like it should but if you flicked hard enough the tiles will keep scrolling even after it jumps. Your rite I have no life...lol
    09-10-2011 05:59 AM
    I do, but mainly to keep my 6-month-old daughter amused - she loves any colourful movement. I'm sure she'd be most annoyed if I had an Android phone and it stuttered everywhere ;)
    11B1P likes this.
    09-10-2011 06:17 AM
    We sure are a sad bunch LOL :)
    09-10-2011 06:38 AM
    It's me. I flick the tiles!!! :(
    09-10-2011 09:38 AM
    Yes! And it makes sense when you consider all the info that shows up in various live tiles.
    09-10-2011 12:10 PM
    +1 from me... yup
    09-10-2011 12:17 PM
    I think I have tendonitis now. I need to start using my left thumb. :P
    09-10-2011 02:27 PM
    Yeah the first day I got it that's all I did! It was quite a shock coming from Android.
    09-10-2011 02:41 PM
    Yes, all the time. So smooth.
    09-10-2011 03:28 PM
    Yep, then I get a little sad because I don't have mango or RPGs =(, then get happy again because the OS is sexy.
    09-10-2011 06:01 PM
    The first four months I had my Focus I would always have an excuse to touch it. Usually it was to flick the homescreen tiles, but there was a period of time where I literally sat for minutes just watching the various animations, like the way the IE UI gets built. I'd open it, then hit back during the various stages of it opening. Same with launching apps. The app you launch is the last app to pivot to the foreground, which gives a bit more importance as it stays on the screen for a split second longer. I could be wrong, but it looks like the tiles are being "pulled" from the upper right hand section of the tile, regardless of where you tap them. In any case, the use of motion is top notch, and gives what might some may say to be a visually boring UI the effect it needs to be jaw dropping. It reminds me of the Dreamcast game Jet Set Radio in this sense. The first time I read about JSR back in 1999/2000, I thought it looked interesting, but I didn't really get the appeal of it until I played it. That first day I had it, I remember continually having OMG moments from the visuals. Much like Windows Phone, the visual design was sharp and distinct, and the use of motion really made it come to life. You really have to experience both to truly "get" them.

In Mango, the easing animation used in the hubs is just too awesome. The title of each hub along with the section of the hub you're in eases in at different rates to meet the lefthand margin of the hub at the same time. The various areas of the Zune pivot in the Zune Hub seems to have accelerated scrolling compared to other areas of the OS, I'm guessing because there's an increased likelihood that you'll have more songs in a list compared to say, apps in the app list.

Fake edit: Just loaded Zune on my mom's Nodo-based Focus and mine with Mango. Mango is faster returning to the home screen from the Zune hub, but it takes the same amount of time to load Zune given the extra time it gives to the easing animation.

In short, yeah, still messing with my phone almost a year later. :)
    09-10-2011 07:00 PM
    Yes, all the time. So smooth.
    Exactly its addictive!
    09-10-2011 09:58 PM
    Yep, then I get a little sad because I don't have mango or RPGs =(, then get happy again because the OS is sexy.
    But we can be happy because its coming!
    09-10-2011 09:59 PM
    Being a new owner I kind of think it goes without saying that I'm playing with this thing CONSTANTLY. Hasn't left my hand since 9:30 this morning, and I have a feeling that this fascination won't be wearing off any time soon, especially after I get Mango on this baby.
    09-10-2011 10:51 PM
    Being a new owner I kind of think it goes without saying that I'm playing with this thing CONSTANTLY. Hasn't left my hand since 9:30 this morning, and I have a feeling that this fascination won't be wearing off any time soon, especially after I get Mango on this baby.
    Well as most users, I have had many mobile phones but after a couple of months the novelty does wear off.

My WP7 has been completely different, i just use it all the time and just have to pick it up every so often to see all the changed info on the live tiles etc

It's honesly the best phone i've had yet for ease of use and the shear volume of info avaialble at my fingertips with all the integrated social network and messaging facilities.

Still loving it and using it as much if not more than when i got it way back in october.

Can't be bad. :)
    09-11-2011 03:02 AM
    I have a feeling that this fascination won't be wearing off any time soon
    Well as most users, I have had many mobile phones but after a couple of months the novelty does wear off.

My WP7 has been completely different, i just use it all the time and just have to pick it up every so often to see all the changed info on the live tiles etc
    Same for me. The wow factor of my WebOS phone lasted about 2 months... until I got a glimpse of WP7 in some youtube reviews. I've had my Focus since May and I still love it.
    09-11-2011 10:31 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD