WP7 Calendar Question

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Longtime lurker here with a question.

I have my calendar pinned to my start screen. The only complaint I have is if I have an "All Day" event (birthday, anniversary, meeting) plugged into my calendar it doesn't alway show on the start screen. If there is another entry in my calendar it overrides the "all day" event. That entry just may be a 1 hour meeting. Also, in some cases I will have two "all day' events on the same day but only one show up on the start screen.

By the way, I use Outlook as my caldenar. It's synced through my work exchange server.

Is there a fix for this with the current version of Nodo? Perhaps, Mango?

Thanks

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
From what I can tell it only ever shows the next appointment. That pretty much means that all day events will only show up the night before unless there is nothing else on the calendar. This is true even on Mango.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
unless it can be changed and I am pretty sure its not it only shows the next appointment. Just have the calendar app where it shows up on the today screen without scrolling and tap on the calendar tile. Best thing as far far as I have figured out!

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
This is not good news. Also, if you have an upcoming appointment the following day and also have an all day event scheduled the all day event won't even show up on the start screen.

I guess appt's will always override all day events on the start screen???

What app are you referring to?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Longtime lurker here with a question.

I have my calendar pinned to my start screen. The only complaint I have is if I have an "All Day" event (birthday, anniversary, meeting) plugged into my calendar it doesn't alway show on the start screen. If there is another entry in my calendar it overrides the "all day" event. That entry just may be a 1 hour meeting. Also, in some cases I will have two "all day' events on the same day but only one show up on the start screen.

By the way, I use Outlook as my caldenar. It's synced through my work exchange server.

Is there a fix for this with the current version of Nodo? Perhaps, Mango?

Thanks

camp,

my calendar is at the top of my home screen. I too see the "appts" and not the all day events. When I open my calendar app, it goes to the agenda view. That way I see "all" of the appts. Maybe this will work for you, too.

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
wbdill,

Thanks. I do open my calendar app and see everything scheduled. Although on weekends and holidays I don't always open it. It would be nice to see all "all day" events
as well as the next scheduled appt on the home screen.

Maybe this is not done due to lack of space on the tile??? Hopefully MS will address this issue.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I guess the other option is to pin the live tile to the start screen of an iPhone or an Android phone and see if that works better...

Oh, wait...

TMorss2011

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I just recently switched to Windows Phone 7 from Android and have been very pleased so far. The Calender is the only feature I find lacking. It will sync my main gmail calender which we use heavily at work. But it will not sync my additional shared calenders. As a business user this is a must. I really hope Mango fixes this because with that working this will be the best smartphone I have ever used. A lot of guys at my work are impressed with it too, and I may have changed their mind on getting the Iphone 5.

Lopes

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Just updated to Mango and loving it, but have a calendar question...

I thought we'd be able to sync multiple calendars under one exchange account now? i can't get that to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon