02-21-2012 10:05 AM
134 12345 ...
tools
    A nice one I found is that you can even use voice commands while IN A CALL. THIS IS BOSS. Instead of having to push a number when using an automated voice system, I can just hold start and say "press 3" or w/e. It's official...I'm on Windows Phone FOREVER....and it can only get better from here.....

Also, I have my work iPhone 4 next to me and I've pulled both from the charger. Both have WiFi on and the battery from Arrive is lasting longer (it seems).
    Wouldn't it just be easier to actually press the number 3 instead of holding down the "start" button and then saying "press 3"? Seems like that would actually take longer to do than to just press the button.
    Curtieson, Sparxy19 and sfleuriet like this.
    09-29-2011 09:35 AM
    I would love a dedicated on screen exit button for apps in WP7.
    I'm still not quite sure how to close out apps. Help?
    I was explaining this to my wife also (iPhone 4 owner)...the MULTITASK in WP7 is not like the Double Tap feature in an iP4 that brings up the list of 30 apps you currently have running. You aren't running all these apps you see...the phone simply saves the state the app was in when you moved away from it...the App isn't running in the background as if it was open/on the front of the screen, so therefore there is no need to constantly close all of them...the reason you would want to close an app on Android is to save battery, but if the app isn't really doing anything there is no need to do that.

That is how I understand it at least...

Press and hold the home button and the 'voice search' option comes up. Say things like 'open Angry Birds' and voil...Angry Birds opens :)
    This has always been an option, just still good to point out.

CALL, TEXT, FIND, OPEN are all the buzz words the phone knows.

Sad...but I can't figure out how to get a specific song to start to play, which I accidentally did on my wife's iPhone while trying to open her Groupon App (I said "Open Groupon" and it said "Playing 'Play On'" which is the name of a CD she had on her phone)

Wouldn't it just be easier to actually press the number 3 instead of holding down the "start" button and then saying "press 3"?
    Agreed! haha
    09-29-2011 10:04 AM
    Wouldn't it just be easier to actually press the number 3 instead of holding down the "start" button and then saying "press 3"? Seems like that would actually take longer to do than to just press the button.
    Agreed! haha
    Not if you don't have your phone out and you have a compatible Bluetooth headset on. :P
    09-29-2011 10:45 AM
    You'd be surprised how frustrating this can be to have to look down at my Arrive while in high traffic with a small WVGA screen.
    09-29-2011 11:13 AM
    Reads your text messages to you.

Settings/Speech/Read aloud incoming text messages. Set it to always on. Been having lots of fun here at work with my buddy who also has a WP.
    09-29-2011 12:00 PM
    I don't know if anyone else has played with Bing Vision yet but I just downloaded my first app using a Microsoft tag and it was awesome. Instead of taking a picture and automatically opening a new program you instead just get the tag on screen and it pops up with what the app is and you can then touch it to download. A much better solution than trying to take the picture like many barcode scanning apps because you already know if it is readable.
    09-30-2011 12:24 AM
    The Insider app gives you monthly ringtones and wallpapers as well as some tip and tricks too.

Web Marketplace
    09-30-2011 03:01 AM
    1 settings-speech- check all boxes and enable "play audio confirmation" next go to "read aloud incoming text messages" and choose your option. mine is set to always on.
    2 back to seetings - ease of access- leave "speech for phone accessibilty on "on"

this work smooth for me.
    09-30-2011 07:15 AM
    1 settings-speech- check all boxes and enable "play audio confirmation" next go to "read aloud incoming text messages" and choose your option. mine is set to always on.
    2 back to seetings - ease of access- leave "speech for phone accessibilty on "on"

this work smooth for me.
    09-30-2011 08:11 AM
    So i tried to "stump" bing vision with some obscure video games and dvds. I had a very hard time doing so! Vision was able to recognize all of my old NES cartridges and some of my random DVDs. I even tried an obscure SEGA Dreamcast game, and it popped up right away! The only video game cartridges that it would not recognize were the small GBA games.
    09-30-2011 10:21 AM
    Multiple Google calendars on Mango is completely unusable. If you create an event on your phone from your non-primary calendar, it also creates an invite, thus creating duplicate events on your calendar. As long as you create all your events on your Google desktop calendar, it works fine.
    09-30-2011 06:54 PM
    About the reading of SMS: I set the option to "only with handsets". Now, how do I make WP read my SMS ? Does it only work when you receive the message ? What about messages you already have read/opened ?

I so no options to make WP read a message for me in the SMS app...

Btw, someone correct me if I'm wrong: there's no way to search for text in the SMS app ? Nor any way to select/copy part of a message, not the whole one ?
    10-02-2011 05:18 PM
    Is there a way to turn down the notifications volume separate from the incoming call ring volume? I'm about to make my own notification sound in ableton live and de-amplify the damn thing lol... Loud as ****. Louder for some reason than pre mango, even distorts my speaker.
    10-02-2011 05:49 PM
    I don't know about other phones but I have an optimus 7 and I found i can wake my phone with the home button. Previously the only way to do it was pushing the power button.
    Winterfang and WizardCM like this.
    10-02-2011 06:42 PM
    About the reading of SMS: I set the option to "only with handsets". Now, how do I make WP read my SMS ? Does it only work when you receive the message ? What about messages you already have read/opened ?

I so no options to make WP read a message for me in the SMS app...

Btw, someone correct me if I'm wrong: there's no way to search for text in the SMS app ? Nor any way to select/copy part of a message, not the whole one ?
    Only works when you receive a message

No searching text

you can only copy the entire message but you can always edit it after you past it where every
    10-02-2011 07:09 PM
    I don't know about other phones but I have an optimus 7 and I found i can wake my phone with the home button. Previously the only way to do it was pushing the power button.
    How did you get it to do that?
    10-03-2011 02:48 AM
    How did you get it to do that?
    Nothing, I just did the trick to update to Mango and happened to push the home button and the screen turned on and surprised me.
    10-03-2011 08:50 AM
    Nothing, I just did the trick to update to Mango and happened to push the home button and the screen turned on and surprised me.
    Hmm, doesn't work on Samsung Focus... At least it doesn't for me :P
    10-03-2011 09:26 AM
    Works on my Omnia 7 (Thought it was just a Focus in different clothing) :)

My Omnia has always done this.
    10-03-2011 09:30 AM
    ...Progress BTW theres a microsoft site to vote on suggestions for changes in the next version(s) theres an article here at WP Central go check it out and vote.
    I haven't been able to find it for some reason... :( anyone know where it is?
    10-03-2011 09:41 AM
    I haven't been able to find it for some reason... :( anyone know where it is?
    This one ?

Customer Feedback for Windows Phone

:)
    DarkFears likes this.
    10-03-2011 09:44 AM
    anyone know how to forward contacts? I was mystified when i couldn't find this option. thx!
    10-03-2011 11:07 AM
    anyone know how to forward contacts? I was mystified when i couldn't find this option. thx!
    Short and sweet answer, you can't. :)
    10-03-2011 11:25 AM
    Short and sweet answer, you can't. :)
    Love the OS, fervent supporter, but that sux...
    10-03-2011 11:28 AM
    Love the OS, fervent supporter, but that sux...
    Well most of my other phones had it and i think i've used it about twice, but it's another ommission i agree mmbond.
    10-03-2011 11:42 AM
134 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD