Cannot load Samsung Focus drivers on Win7

tripower

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have tried for half of the day attempting to load my Samsung Focus drivers on my new Win7 laptop to no avail. I am using the factory cable to connect, the same cable that I use to connect to my XP laptop with no issues. I looked at all of the KB articles and tried just about everything. Samsung doesn't even have these drivers for download. Does anyone know where I can download these drivers?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried loading up Zune while phone is connected and attempting a windows update while Zune is still running ?

I done this a while back and WU installed 2 WP7 usb drivers. (Omnia 7)

Might be worth a shot.

tripower

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried loading up Zune while phone is connected and attempting a windows update while Zune is still running ?

I done this a while back and WU installed 2 WP7 usb drivers. (Omnia 7)

Might be worth a shot.

Yes, tried it. Doesn't work.
Honestly that is ridiculous, why not just provide the drivers for download...I don't get it.

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Links fine here, it's the troubleshooting guide for Zune if it can't recognise your WP7.

I've removed the 2nd link seeing you didn't trust it. (Focus USB Drivers)

I'm off to bed now, hopefully someone will pop in with more advice for you.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
from xda: Hi All,
maybe this can help you ...
Launch your Samsung Focus’ dialer, and key-in ##634#. Press the call button, and you will reach the phone’s Diagnosis menu. Using that, enter *#7284# and a dialog box will appear, presenting you with the option to change the setting for USB (Zune to modem or ‘Modem, USB dialog’)

This has happened to me sometimes, usually I just switch USB ports or restart my computer. I've seen that a hard reset on your phone works, but that option sucks and I've never had to do it. Try a different USB cord, too, if you can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital