Why did you choose WP7?

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
First thing that drew me in was the fresh, original take on the UI. I was already a fan of the largely chromeless interface having been a Zune user since day one, so that certainly had a lot to o with it. Then as I played with it more and more I discovered that it worked like I think, far more so than iOS or Android. After that I was completely sold.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
One day I was working out this is when I still had my iPhone 3G and I thought to myself a perfect phone is not about apps and games its about integration. A phone with Social Networking built in, Skype Built in, Office Outlook built in, excellent music player and gaming service is the future of handhelds.

iPhone was good an all but it really needed 3rd party apps to suceseed and I hated going through diifferent apps to get what I wanted. I want the ability to view my contacts and see all the different options I can contact him, view his FB photos, see whats new, call him via Skype (wifi) instead of land line.

I was also a big fan of MSN messenger thats why I initially got rid of my iPhone.

As of right now WP7 is going towards that direction where its a complete social networking phone, great mp3 service, office powerhouse and a good mobile gaming platform. So right now IMO WP7 is almost the total package I hope they get Skype and Lync built in real fast and also an actuall Outlook client to battle against iPhone and Android active sync.

Windows is the future an ecosystem where your personal settings are carried wherever you go whether it would be on the road, in the living room or in your workspace everything is the same with easy access to me that is the future of technology.

christopher#WP

Oct 24, 2011
scug.be
I was an Iphone owner, I was a little bored about IOS, and I wanted to try something new.
Currently, I'm really happy of my wp7, just missing some apps (skype, ...)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
So tell us about your experience with the radar so far if you would! From what I am hearing skype will be coming soon first as an app perhaps and then in a firmware update for integration into the os! Should be nice as long as carriers cooperate

jkercado

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Was a faithful BlackBerry user for almost four years. Unfortunately (or fortunately!), RIM dropped the ball with their phones: I bought a Torch and soon enough they moved to the new OS and left me stuck with what was supposed to be their flagship phone.

Being inclined to graphic design, I liked the look of Windows Phone. Then I went to an AT&T store and tried it.

SOLD!

Not only the graphic design part, but the design concept itself and its smoothness won me over quickly.

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Was a faithful BlackBerry user for almost four years. Unfortunately (or fortunately!), RIM dropped the ball with their phones: I bought a Torch and soon enough they moved to the new OS and left me stuck with what was supposed to be their flagship phone.

Being inclined to graphic design, I liked the look of Windows Phone. Then I went to an AT&T store and tried it.

SOLD!

Not only the graphic design part, but the design concept itself and its smoothness won me over quickly.

Similar to my experience with the Blackberry Style 9670

Mooncow27

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I chose WP7 because I did not want to be a sheep and get an iPhone. I was considering Android, as it was the only alternative. Or so I thought. After reading posts on Engadget and Gizmodo, I found there was a third option, I was very intrigued. I read up on the OS and the cool features. What got me into WP7 really was the Xbox games & Achievements. I love getting them, as why not. You will play the game anyways, may as well support my console (Xbox) and get a bit of recognition.
What really kept me with WP7 was the community. I discovered this website and the loyal following. Everyone looking to help out in the WP7 community, wishing for the best. Hopeful and optimistic. I will be a user for life, Microsoft has a beautiful thing here. Let's hope more people give it a chance.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Great post mooncow27!

He once made a blackberry pie out Mangos. Chickens say "tastes like Mango" when they bite into apples, out of respect. He conquered an entire army of androids with a single Mango. He's the most interesting cell phone user alive. "I dont always use smartphones, but when I do, I use WP. Stay Metro my friends."

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
To replace a dead ZuneHD. So far, I love it... except for a mindless Bing Maps, and the lack of any proper volume control (instead, we get this "unified" volume control...).

It's either that, or I have to screw with my lossless WMA collection and relevel all the audio :rolleyes: (and hope the Bing/Call volumes match up with the music, too). At least it's really messed up when I plug something into the 3.5mm TRS jack (to go to car stereo - much better than bluetooth headset/speaker, at least for Android... WP7... I'm this close to giving up on MS alltogether).

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I?m an MS product user and my contact list is already managed in Hotmail (and those synchronized from Facebook) and some of my files are saved in Skydrive, so I?d choose one with native intergration with that.

But that aside, the main reason is that the other two choice is not that interesting for me.
Being exposed often to the worse side of Apple users (the fanboys instead of the moderates) already writes off iPhone from the list, not to mention the local price. I?m also stubborn and resist getting any Google ID (abandoned my YouTube login when they forced everyone to use Google ID) so Android that?s not so useful without it is also out of the list. That leaves WP7.
Blackberry and Symbian? looks even less prospectful compared to WP7.

Not all is flowery though. MS always do terrible in providing their services globally. No buying apps from Marketplace (doesn?t accept credit card), no buying music, terrible PoI database in map (although the street lines are getting better) just to name some.

vdubskey

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The thing that drew me in at first was just how sexy the OS is. The live tiles spinning and flipping catches your eye and is visually pleasing. Once you get a chance to use it and see how fluid everything is, you realize how different it is from everything else that's out there. I like having my social networks built into the experience with out having 3 separate apps to open individually to do what WP can with 3 simple swipes. Also having a Zune player right on my phone is awesome and just beautiful with the artist backgrounds on my lock screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2