11-03-2011 11:13 AM
48 12
tools
    I've got a good answer for you.... and this is coming from a male, by the way!.... I change my color scheme on my HTC Arrive to match whatever I am wearing. For work, I am always in button down dress shirts. Usually brown/black/dark pants, or khakis, and a different color shirt. I've used blue, brown, mango, red, and even pink, (i'm wearing a pink button down Polo shirt as I write this), so thus, pink is on my phone. Whack, but really cool to be able to do this with my phone.
    FriendOrDafoe likes this.
    10-28-2011 11:53 AM
    It may be that you need to interop unlock your phone since mango. (Normal mango unlock bans all registery editors) And I think Samsung has some extra registery blocks cause many editors don't work for them.
    Yes, it's interop unlocked. I noticed other Focus owners have had issue w/that app, also. Oh well, another sol'n will probably come up at some point.

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk
    10-28-2011 12:57 PM
    Got light and magenta now. Might do mango tomorrow
    10-29-2011 12:14 AM
    I have been sticking with light and mango since mangoization came! I changed a couple of time for a fe minutes seem to like mango best for now. Had teal for a while seemed too something with the light.
    10-29-2011 01:05 AM
    you know, as dumb as it sounds, when I read a review of the Arrive on CNET, they showed a pic with an ugly brown or orange color, and I didn't like it.

Then when all the mango updates came out, i saw them in red and it looked sweet.

So I bought an Arrive off eBay and it was blue as a default and I liked it, and then the Mango update turned it red and i loved it, so I've left it red ever since. It certainly catches peoples eyes
    10-29-2011 07:09 AM
    No, MS wants there to be a small, set number of themes. Remember Metro is all about "Keep it simple stupid".
    That's what I figured.
    10-29-2011 07:32 AM
    I change it everyday. They need more colors... They should update to some kind of color wheel or slider so we can use our own custom color or hex codes. (People still use those right?)

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    10-29-2011 09:48 AM
    Got advanced config working. Rocking the gray theme :)

10-29-2011 03:35 PM
    About twice a day during the week. Not at all during the weekend.
    10-29-2011 04:06 PM
    Anyone knows some carbon-fiber-metallic (dark-gray-brown-ish) color that's cool. Not so light that consumes a lot of battery power but not so dark that can't differentiate words in black...?
    10-29-2011 04:30 PM

Thats the first one I went with too! I think it looks pretty cool. in the predefined colors there is a "Steel Blue" that is rockin as well. And can't go wrong with a dark red.
    11-01-2011 11:05 AM
    also What did you need to do to get it to run on Samsung. Just wondering?
    11-01-2011 11:06 AM
    I change it everyday. They need more colors... They should update to some kind of color wheel or slider so we can use our own custom color or hex codes. (People still use those right?)

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    I think they could use an option to change your color randomly each day, along with needing more colors and custom colors. Similar to what Bing does with their picture, make it random.
    11-01-2011 11:12 AM
    I had teal for about a year (since I first got the Focus). The other day I felt like changing it and discovered there was a mango theme, so, being that I'm still in the mango honeymoon period, I switched to mango ;-)
    11-01-2011 12:31 PM

Ba-ba-boom! Who's the hottie? Props if it's your woman ;-)
    11-01-2011 12:33 PM
    also What did you need to do to get it to run on Samsung. Just wondering?
    "Got advanced config working"

Translation = After thinking for awhile that it wouldn't deploy 'cuz it wasn't in the app list, I found it installed under Settings :P
    11-01-2011 01:39 PM
    Ba-ba-boom! Who's the hottie? Props if it's your woman ;-)
    Yup, my boo ;)
    11-01-2011 01:49 PM
    "Got advanced config working"

Translation = After thinking for awhile that it wouldn't deploy 'cuz it wasn't in the app list, I found it installed under Settings :P
    hahahaha Well glad you figured it out. Sorry I prolly should have mentioned that it being in the settings is my favorite feature.
    11-01-2011 01:52 PM
    Some of you guys... :rolleyes: I don't change mine often at all after I test out the options. I used to use red for a little bit before I switched to green.

Oh dear Mr boring here, mine has been on blue since i got my phone. Don't like any other colour*

*Correct spelling. ;)

And while we're on the subject of spelling, it's Harbour and Neighbour! OK ? LOL ;)
    Oh, you guys and your "col-au-er." And what's with "theatre," instead of "theater." Dyslexic? :P
    11-01-2011 06:01 PM
    yup, my boo ;)
    lmao
    11-01-2011 06:58 PM

It's a pity that the background color of other app tiles cannot change with the theme color. Only the native apps can.
    11-01-2011 07:14 PM
    once per week i think
    11-03-2011 09:10 AM
    Some of you guys... :rolleyes: I don't change mine often at all after I test out the options. I used to use red for a little bit before I switched to green.

Oh, you guys and your "col-au-er." And what's with "theatre," instead of "theater." Dyslexic? :P
    Get your own language, and then you won't have to complain about the source country spelling things differently. I hear Esperanto is still up for grabs! :D

P.S. In all seriousness, the only UK/US English issue I really, really have a problem with is you guys saying "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less". It's just wrong! If you could care less, then you COULD care less when you mean you don't care at all, which means you COULDN'T care less. Aargh!

P.P.S. And it's "aluminium". We've all gone with "Sulfur" instead of "Sulphur", so you owe us one!
    Dave Blake likes this.
    11-03-2011 11:13 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD