Microsoft UK WP7 Competition (Win A Lumia 800)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
UK only! That's a bumber I want to win one because I would never buy the 800 but winning one would be nice.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You big cheapskate, well i was going to enter and when i win it I was going to give it to you, but not so sure now Big D5 LOL ;)

I'll bung it on ebay instead. (I don't wan't one either) :)

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
UK only! That's a bumber I want to win one because I would never buy the 800 but winning one would be nice.

Agreed! There's no reason for me to buy a L800 here in the states, but I'd take a free Nokia Windows Phone any day of the week. Oh! Big D5, are you going to the WP event in DFW in two weeks? I'm going and to say that I'm excited would be an understatement!!!

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
You big cheapskate, well i was going to enter and when i win it I was going to give it to you, but not so sure now Big D5 LOL ;)

I've never heard of the word bung used that way before. I looked it up and learned that it means to fling or toss in the UK area. Nice! Always learning on the WPCentral forums, lol. Which phone do you have your eye on now, TheWeeBear?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh that's great you learned a new word LOL. Well what I would like is a Focus S but seeing as i'm here and not there, I can't get one. (Damn You Samsung)

I still quite fancy the Titan but i'm scared about the Non Super Amoled / Pixelisation.

Or will a Nokia Ace appear here early next year ?

My head hurts Judge_Daniel, sigh.

Hoping when the Focus S comes out, it's absolutely rubbish, so i don't have to have temper tantrums because i can't get one.

I know it will be amazing though. (Damn You Samsung Again!) :(

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
If I couldn't get my hands on the Focus S, I would definitely go for the L800. I really like all of those Nokia apps. Plus, you'd have first pick at those EA titles, so more Gamerpoints, right? :D

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I love the design of the Lumia 800 as i just love chocolate bar shaped phones. That was the main reason I chose my Omnia 7.

I had no previous experience of Amoled and have fallen in love with it.

I had this phone previous to my iPhone and the novelty soon wore off, although I loved it's design.

LG BL40

LG BL40 Chocolate review | from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Mobile phones

That's the difference between my previous phones and my Omnia, i just can't put it down, it still feels as new and exciting as the day I got it.

Thank you WP LOL

Well although the apps are a big plus point for sure they wouldn't make me go Nokia. What i'm after is a Super Amoled 4.3 screen, just need a bigger screen as my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

Do i sacrifice Super Amoled (Still can't get a bigger screen than my Omnia) for the Titan ?

I don't know. Decisions, Decisions. :)

Oh dear, sorry, i seem to have ranted on a bit.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean about the SAMOLED. I feel the same way about my Focus. Although I still use my Imagio quite a bit on-the-go, when I'm at my apartment or anywhere with wifi, my Focus is either in hand or within an arm's reach. However, I have never seen the Titan's screen in person, so I can't decide whether or not to discredit it or not. If its screen is anything like my sister's Trophy, then I shall consider it a pass. However, the L800 would make a nice media player/gaming console/camera for instances when you don't want to drain your O7's battery and memory.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

Story of my life... Some Brit wins my phone then bungs it on eBay

Agreed! There's no reason for me to buy a L800 here in the states, but I'd take a free Nokia Windows Phone any day of the week. Oh! Big D5, are you going to the WP event in DFW in two weeks? I'm going and to say that I'm excited would be an understatement!!!

I'll be there brow what night are you going. I signed up for the first night but haven't gotten my invite yet.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I had a crack at the competition - apart from the prize being nice, I do genuinely find WP lets me get on with stuff so it was a fairly easy thing to write. That said, last thing I won was a plastic watch when I was 11, so I'm not holding out much hope!

P.S. WeeBear, D5 - One wants the 800 but is in the wrong country, the other wants the Focus but is in the wrong country. You realise the simple solution is just to swap lives? :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes it may come to that to get my Focus S Pronk. Stranger things have happened. :)

He's a lovely chappy that Big D5. (Starting the buttering up guff now) LOL

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I'll be there brow what night are you going. I signed up for the first night but haven't gotten my invite yet.

I also signed up for the first night. They only sent me a follow-up email with the barcode thing for my cellphone. Agh! Now that I think of it, I deleted that e-mail the other day when I cleaned out my inbox. I better email MS right away!

JayHansen

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
OMG UK Only; I wasn't sure Microsoft even knew where the UK was! (that quaint little island off the coast of Europe). Definitely be entering this.

I agree with Pronk; I'm that UK user desiring the unobtainable focus S (is it definitely not coming to the UK?). Anyone want to swap lives?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon