When your contract is up, will you get another windows phone?

SanityFM

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I think I will be sticking with WP come upgrade time in January. I currently have mango running on an old HD2 so it will be good to have a real WP next year. I willl keep an eye on the sales though as I want to make sure the platform will continue to grow.

I want a Nokia. The lumia 800 is a beautiful thing, I have to say. I tried one out in Phones 4U here in the UK and love it. I may hold out for a higher end model though. 4.3" screen, FFC, etc.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I will definitely get another WP device My contract is now in upgrade eligible statusso its just a question of which dwevice. I would say that I plan tovisit the ATT store to see if they have the focus and flash and will visit when the titan comes out depending on what I see and fell may go with focus s or titan or may wait to see the Nokia 800 and or 900 when they come out here.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Right now yes. the sticking point for me is the carrier because of family and business i'm locked into T-MO for a while. it's the device factor for me. Radar is not my style

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I think I will be sticking with WP come upgrade time in January. I currently have mango running on an old HD2 so it will be good to have a real WP next year. I willl keep an eye on the sales though as I want to make sure the platform will continue to grow.

I want a Nokia. The lumia 800 is a beautiful thing, I have to say. I tried one out in Phones 4U here in the UK and love it. I may hold out for a higher end model though. 4.3" screen, FFC, etc.

What phone company will carry the lumia in the US?

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I am guessing AT&T, but no one knows for sure yet.

I can make a good guess that it won't be Verizon. They gave it a shot being the carrier that had Microsoft's newest phone at the time- the kin 1 and kin 2...which failed miserably. Thats when the Motorola droid came and became their new saving grace. Since then, they have become the droid captains of the phone industry. With 7 verizon stores in my area and not one of them promoting, speaking of , or displaying their one windows phone, its pretty evident they don't wanna dip into that nightmare again. When my contract is up in 2013, it'll be the latest droid for sure. Unless of course, windows phone has dominated the phone industry by then...

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
IMHO, the Kin failed as fast and hard as it did because they (Microsoft, Verizon, or both), attempted to leverage consumer ignorance by requiring a smartphone data plan then crippling the phone from being an actual smartphone.

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
I would def stay. I can't complain a bit about the OS or my current phone. If MS plays the cards right and keeps the OS smooth and as bugless as possible then I feel confident I found my baby.

I am even going so far as to try and get used to the virtual keyboard in the event they don't make a phone with a portait KB.

Only time will tell. Hey, think abou it. Years back no ne thought apple would be where it is today. Maybe MS has some ideas that may turn heads towards the OS and for phone manufactures

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes