How to browse in Internet Explorer? Back button?

sloppy standard

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, my fist post here, because I just got my first WP yesterday, the Lumia 800!
I'm loving the phone AND Windows Phone 7.5, but I can't figure out how to browse efficiently on IE on my phone.

I read somewhere on this forum that there's no "forward" button, but is there a "back" button?
I can't find it!
If click consecutively on several links, then I realize I want to go back to the previous page, I can't?
If I use the dedicated back button on the phone, it just takes me out of IE.

In the settings, I can open links from other apps in a new tab, but I can't open links within IE on a new tab?

Hoping someone can offer some tips on how enjoy my browsing experience on this great phone :p

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
You just use recent for forward and back there are not any forward and back buttons.

Welcome to the WPC forums when you have a chance stop in at our introductions forum and introduce yourself. Were glad you decided to join us.

Dave

sin_nombre773

Banned
Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea when there's no page to go back to it will exit. Same as when u have another tab open, if backed all the way out u'll be returned to the previous tab.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, it goes back in program(s)' states. If you opened ie9 after using another application, then the back button will not go back in web browsing history, it will go back to the previous application. Android and the old winmo, back button was application level. In WP7, it is OS level. :)

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

sloppy standard

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
jfa1, thanks, it's great to be here, and to be using WP. What a breath of fresh air after one year of Android misery.
Now on IE9 the capacitive back button does take me back to the previous browsed page. I don't know why it wasn't doing it before. It's all good :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720