Can I sync with Yahoo Calendar?

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I am fairly certain that the only accounts integrated to sync the calendar are Live / Hotmail and Google.

For Yahoo! there might be an app out there but I don't know.

MickeyCeeCT

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Here is how I did it...

I went to http://calendar.yahoo.com/ and once my calendar loaded, I went to "options", "share calendar", then click on "other ways to share calendar". Copy the ICS Link to your clipboard, it will look something like this "http://calendar.yahoo.com/########/0be5e03ae22c2a7ee3cce130a0a6fb1d/ycal.ics?id=131"

Then go to your Live calendar over at Hotmail. On top of the calendar click on "subscribe", then make sure that "Subscribe to Public Calendar" has the dot next to it. In "Calendar URL" you will paste that link from yahoo that is on your clipboard in there. Then input a name on your calendar in "Calendar Name".

Click "Subscribe to Calendar" and you should be all set. Sometimes it shows up immediately on your phone or it might take a little while to update (took a couple hours for mine to show up)....but it will show up.

**Now I can't remember if I had to make the yahoo calendar "public" or not.....so keep that in the back of your mind.

Hope I covered everything, good luck and hope it all works for you as it did for me.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, that worked like a charm mickey, but now I can't for the life of me figure out how to sync it w/ my wp calendar. I can see it sync in my live.com account online. I've turned the phone off and on, still not sync'd. Thanks again for your help.

MickeyCeeCT

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, that worked like a charm mickey, but now I can't for the life of me figure out how to sync it w/ my wp calendar. I can see it sync in my live.com account online. I've turned the phone off and on, still not sync'd. Thanks again for your help.

Very nice, yeah it took a little while for it to sync up on my phone...but eventually it did but it took some time.

On your phone's calendar settings did you turn "on" that newly subscribed calendar that you added to your Live account?

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Very nice, yeah it took a little while for it to sync up on my phone...but eventually it did but it took some time.

On your phone's calendar settings did you turn "on" that newly subscribed calendar that you added to your Live account?

I already had the Live Account calendar turned on. I'll wait a bit to see if it'll sync up.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi Mickey, one last question: Is there a way that I can update the yahoo calendar using the wp calendar? I only have read-only ability right now. I've gone to yahoo's website and can't figure it out. Thanks again for your help.

MickeyCeeCT

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Mickey, one last question: Is there a way that I can update the yahoo calendar using the wp calendar? I only have read-only ability right now. I've gone to yahoo's website and can't figure it out. Thanks again for your help.

Yes you have to do a reverse of what we just did to make the Yahoo calendar show up on the Live calendar.

So this time in your Yahoo calendar, you will subscribe to your Live calendar.

That is about the only way that you could say make an appointment on your WP, it will then be sent to your Live calendar and then it would show up on your Yahoo calendar via the subscription.

Actually I just did it and it works...I subscribed to my Live calendar from Yahoo calendar.

Need a step by step?

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes you have to do a reverse of what we just did to make the Yahoo calendar show up on the Live calendar.

So this time in your Yahoo calendar, you will subscribe to your Live calendar.

That is about the only way that you could say make an appointment on your WP, it will then be sent to your Live calendar and then it would show up on your Yahoo calendar via the subscription.

Actually I just did it and it works...I subscribed to my Live calendar from Yahoo calendar.

Need a step by step?

That would be great. Just to clarify, I did what you said in the earlier post and can see my yahoo calendar in my wp through via my live account. The problem is the ICS link that yahoo makes me use says this "If your contacts use other calendar / to do list programs, they can subscribe to this calendar / to do list (view-only) via this link.". There doesn't seem to be a way around the view only part.

MickeyCeeCT

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
That would be great. Just to clarify, I did what you said in the earlier post and can see my yahoo calendar in my wp through via my live account. The problem is the ICS link that yahoo makes me use says this "If your contacts use other calendar / to do list programs, they can subscribe to this calendar / to do list (view-only) via this link.". There doesn't seem to be a way around the view only part.

I understand, would be great if all these portals worked together....lol I thought microsoft and yahoo were friends!

I have to get some sleep but will get that step by step done up for you tomorrow afternoon for sure.

MickeyCeeCT

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Here goes?
Go to your Live calendar, top of the page click on ?Share?, check mark ?Send people a view-only link to your calendar?. Under ?Links that show event details:?, click on the ICS link and then copy that to your clipboard.

Now head over to your Yahoo Calendar, click on ?Options?, then ?Subscribe to Calendar?, paste the link from the Live Calendar into the box and click ?Next? and name the calendar what you want. Click ?Save? in the top left and you should be all set.

May or may not take time to sync up like the other calendar did.

So now anything that you put on your Live calendar via the WP, will show up on your yahoo calendar.

Hopefully all works out and I didn?t forget anything! :)

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately it looks like I can't edit/delete events from the phone if it originated from yahoo calendar. According to yahoo "Note: A user must have a Yahoo! ID in order access the Add/Edit option."

Lame, I could edit/delete w/ my iphone *sigh*

MickeyCeeCT

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately it looks like I can't edit/delete events from the phone if it originated from yahoo calendar. According to yahoo "Note: A user must have a Yahoo! ID in order access the Add/Edit option."

Lame, I could edit/delete w/ my iphone *sigh*

Ugh so sorry to hear that, from what I am reading MS might be in the works of making another bid for Yahoo...time shall tell though.

Reports: Microsoft Gains Access to Yahoo's Books - ABC News

annaojbee

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Half way to syncing

Hi - I've been trying to follow this thread, but got in a bit of a muddle and wondered if you could bear to help me with it?
I currently work from my Yahoo Calanders on laptop. I've got it so I can see it on my phone, but can't sync changes from either direction.
Any help gratefully received (preferably in very small steps!)

HerronScott

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I went through these steps for my son as he primarily uses his Yahoo mail account but his Live calendar is reporting an error with the link and his Yahoo calendar reports it an issue with the link that I copied from his Live calendar.

Any ideas?

Scott

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon