Facebook integration issue

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find any recent discussions about it.

I absolutely love wp7, I wanted it since the beta days sitting at a MS developer dinner looking over an evanglists phone. I love the integration, but the integration aspect also concerns me. It's no secret that twitter and fb integration are extremely bare bones. Unfortunately, these features can cause annoyances with the experience.

Facebook: People that know how to mess with their privacy settings to not allow a 3rd party app access to their wall may be an issue for some. It's an issue for me. Many of my close friends don't show up in my feed. WHY is the integration not considered first class???? WHY MS???? This should be something that requires a new version of the OS, this is about getting FB to just consider it the same as their website.

Another issue is the "like" system, no way to like individual comments. Also no way to mention people. These are also 2 items that need to be baked in for a normal fb user to abandon the fb app. Check ins also need serious work.

Twitter has less issues to me, becaue I'm a casual user. It would be nice if it could keep track of hash tags you have used as well as a better auto complete for mentions. Usually I just tweet, so overall, this integration is more than I need.

Everyone I know that has a wp7, and it's growing, has the same complaints about the fb integration. Its awesome, but having to check the app takes away the fun of the people hub.

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
You can't tag people, which is one of the things people do with check ins.

It's a problem that you'll have only if your friends have certain privacy settings set. Some people may never know they are missing information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes