Importing pictures to Windows using Windows Phone and other smartphones

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
EDIT: When I wrote "Importing pictures to Windows" I meant importing phone pictures to a Windows PC. Sorry for not making that clear the first time.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a big fan of the Zune software.

I came across an article on Paul Thurrott's Supersite for Windows that really got my attention. It's about importing smartphone pictures to Windows. Below is the link if you want to read it first:

http://www.winsupersite.com/article/windows-client/digital-photos-part-1-smart-phone-windows-141526?

I'm not the most knowledgeable guy when it comes to Apple devices, although I have an iPad and my daughter is getting an iPod Touch this Christmas. I had no idea you could import iPhone pictures using Windows Photo Gallery instead of iTunes (suppose I'd have to stop iTunes from launching or not have it installed). I guess this (hopefully) works with the iPod Touch as well.

That being said, why do we need to go through the PAIN of importing Windows Phone pictures using the Zune software? I suppose the wireless sync alleviates this, but if I wanted the option of renaming my image files, I'd have to do that afterwards on the destination folder, right?

What's your take on this?

Last edited:

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by "importing Windows Phone pictures". Are you referring to pictures taken with your phone? If so, when you take a picture, it's automatically synced to your Skydrive. In turn, that picture in Skydrive is automatically synced to Windows Live Photo Gallery. When you open Photo Gallery, that picture will be there. There's no need to use Zune.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by "importing Windows Phone pictures". Are you referring to pictures taken with your phone? If so, when you take a picture, it's automatically synced to your Skydrive. In turn, that picture in Skydrive is automatically synced to Windows Live Photo Gallery. When you open Photo Gallery, that picture will be there. There's no need to use Zune.

Yes, that's what I meant. I knew about Skydrive but I didn't know you could set up Windows Photo Gallery to retrieve pictures from Skydrive. I'm not syncing my phone pictures with Skydrive at the moment but now I found a good reason to do it. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit