Push notifications for email?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
If this is a duplicate post, please forgive me. I did use the search, but couldn't find a resolution.

I have a multitude of accounts on Gmail and Hotmail. Currently, I have them all installed on the WP and they work fine, except for one thing. Lack of push notifications. I used the common sense connector when adding the account, i.e. Google for Google accounts Hotmail/Live for Hotmail accounts. Should I have used a different type? Exchange possibly? I've read some posts that the IMAP implementation on WP isn't 100% as it should be. Which option should I be using for instant notifications?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
If this is a duplicate post, please forgive me. I did use the search, but couldn't find a resolution.

I have a multitude of accounts on Gmail and Hotmail. Currently, I have them all installed on the WP and they work fine, except for one thing. Lack of push notifications. I used the common sense connector when adding the account, i.e. Google for Google accounts Hotmail/Live for Hotmail accounts. Should I have used a different type? Exchange possibly? I've read some posts that the IMAP implementation on WP isn't 100% as it should be. Which option should I be using for instant notifications?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1) Go to "Settings"
2) Select "Email + Account"
3) Select e-mail account (Hotmail/Windows Live, Gmail) for which you want to change settings
4) Click on "Download New Content" setting
5) Change setting to "As Items Arrive"

With IMAP e-mail accounts, the most frequent setting available is every 15 minutes.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
1) Go to "Settings"
2) Select "Email + Account"
3) Select e-mail account (Hotmail/Windows Live, Gmail) for which you want to change settings
4) Click on "Download New Content" setting
5) Change setting to "As Items Arrive"

With IMAP e-mail accounts, the most frequent setting available is every 15 minutes.

Thanks! I left them as their original Google or Hotmail and changed that setting and all good now. Thanks! I had a "DUH!" moment when I clicked that setting and realized I didn't even try and explore the options. Sorry!

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, no big deal - I like helping people when I can (and helping someone with a tech-related issue is a real rarity for me!).

Murani Lewis

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
thank you so much for this information. I just spent 30 minutes looking on the windows phone website and in gmail settings page on the web. Then it hit me that i'd probably find what I was looking for on the WPCentral forum. thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99