When I go to html5test.com on IE on my HTC Titan I get the result of 141 out of 450. Plus 5 bonus points whatever that means. When I go to other browsers numbers are more than doubled.
    I don't know how valid this test is but find it interesting.
    12-26-2011 11:27 AM
    LG Optimus 7: 141 and 5 bonus points. I think it will be the same for every WP 7.5 phone because they have the same IE9 with html5.
    12-26-2011 05:05 PM
    Yeah, it is not impressive compared to the competition. Even Blackberry (who just a year or 2 ago was regarded as having the worst browsing experience) got on their game and is now I think #2 on the mobile platform, just behind Apple.

My Playbook with the latest beta OS scores 308 with 9 bonus points. Good enough for 2nd place in the Tablet standing. Even ahead of iOS5. On top of that it has Flash. :/. I love my Titan, but it's annoying when I need to grab my tablet to watch some videos.
    12-26-2011 06:08 PM
    Heh, I checked Chrome, IE9, and FF on my laptop and IE9 on there also gets 141+5. I guess Microsoft wasn't lying when they said it was the same browser as the desktop version. (I don't know why I never believed them.)

I guess it only makes a difference if your browser doesn't do something you need it to. This test will tell you. Also, this test should show MS that we really need to have other browsers available to us. IE9 is the worst browser on both mobile and desktop lists.
    12-26-2011 09:35 PM
    My HP Touchpad does 195 + 6 bonus points. Safari does 293 with 8 bonus points.

But this test isn't an HTML5 test per say. WebGL is not part of the HMTL5 standard, though some browsers do support it. However security experts say not to use WebGL as its very bad implementation of web graphics that does not adequately protect the OS against malicious code.

IE 10 gets 300 points or so. But will always lose the points for WebGL etc... I assume WP8 will get IE10.

Remember that even video is not standard for HTML with Firefox wanting something different, Google creating a new codec. Luckily Google Chrome, Safari, and IE all support H.264.
    12-27-2011 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD