ATT Pushing WP in Texas

wthickstun

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I was at a mall in Austin Texas this past weekend and there was a stand setup dedicated to Windows Phone. The phones were from ATT and the only phones at the stand were Windows phones. I was very impressed. The stand was large and there was 6 employees trying to show the devices to people walking around the mall. I am glad to see Windows phone becoming more popular by the day.

I attached a picture of the stand.

Bill

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm a big, big believer in the importance of infrastructure (pretty much all types of key infrastructure - I work in transportation), which is why I have and want to have Verizon Wireless as my mobile carrier. But man, it irritates me that they are giving the cold shoulder to the Windows Phone (though for semi-legitimate reasons with Big Red's push on 4G LTE devices). I'm glad to see at least AT&T is giving a push to the Windows Phone.

wthickstun

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm a big, big believer in the importance of infrastructure (pretty much all types of key infrastructure - I work in transportation), which is why I have and want to have Verizon Wireless as my mobile carrier. But man, it irritates me that they are giving the cold shoulder to the Windows Phone (though for semi-legitimate reasons with Big Red's push on 4G LTE devices). I'm glad to see at least AT&T is giving a push to the Windows Phone.
I like Verizon a lot here in the US, but we had many issues with no coverage in Europe. Our corp HQ is in Europe so we made a push to ATT from T-Mobile about 5 years ago. Actually they were Cingular back then and I actually liked Cingular better, but we got sucked into ATT. Hopfully VZ gets more WP devices soon.

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site

Which is why Verizon accepted the LTE-incapable Nokia Lumia 710, and rejected the LTE-capable Nokia Lumia 900... wait, wha? You can read about it here and here.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Which is why Verizon accepted the LTE-incapable Nokia Lumia 710, and rejected the LTE-capable Nokia Lumia 900... wait, wha? You can read about it here and here.

Wow. If that 2nd article you linked is true, that royally sucks. But it's just an unsubstantiated rumor from an anonymous tipster. So it could just be someone trying to mess with bloggers.

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow. If that 2nd article you linked is true, that royally sucks. But it's just an unsubstantiated rumor from an anonymous tipster. So it could just be someone trying to mess with bloggers.

Let's hope that it is the case; I'd like to see many more people discover the wonder that is WP7!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Were the people staffing the booth knowledgeable and informed about WP7? Or were they little more than just displaying the phones?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I love this! I wish they would have dedicated, eye catching displays in the stores as well. I have spent some time in AT&T stores over the past few months, and I was amazed at how many people walked in with the intention of purchasing, but not having any idea WHAT to purchase. I just assumed everyone was like me: research research purchase.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people need convincing or their mind made up for them. A lot don't like to research before making an investment for the next two years... Makes no sense to us, but that's how a lot of people think when they get to not only cellphone stores, but everything they buy in general.

Sent from my Windows Phone 7 device using Board Express

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My experience was different when I went to 2 AT&T stores to check out the Titan.

The first store had their WP7 phones hidden way in the back with the iphone 3GSes.

The second store had a better WP7 display next to the door, but the guy jokingly asked if I worked for Microsoft "because only a Microsoft employee would currently have a Focus and would want to upgrade to another Windows phone."

Yep, it really is no wonder why Windows phone is not growing at a faster pace.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Based on how AT&T ended up w/ the iphone in the beginning, it would not surprise me.

Believe it or not, AT&T corp is "unofficially and secretly" rooting for WP7 and Nokia as the underdogs...

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Based on how AT&T ended up w/ the iphone in the beginning, it would not surprise me.

Believe it or not, AT&T corp is "unofficially and secretly" rooting for WP7 and Nokia as the underdogs...
They sure are... they don't like Android (the reason they took forever to bring real android contenders) and are still salty over the iPhone going elsewhere.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

I read on theverge.com about Samsung and HTC each bringing out lte WP devices, also passed on by big red, and going to ATT. The lte thing is a bull**** excuse. Verizon doesn't want to take a risk on WP and they're waiting for it to go away. It's the original iPhone all over again . They just aren't forward thinkers.

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I read on theverge.com about Samsung and HTC each bringing out lte WP devices, also passed on by big red, and going to ATT. The lte thing is a bull**** excuse. Verizon doesn't want to take a risk on WP and they're waiting for it to go away. It's the original iPhone all over again . They just aren't forward thinkers.

They even have names, already! I'm too lazy to look for them atm, though.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
HTC Radiant and Samsung Mandel or Mendel ( I have seen itboth ways)

Verizon is supposed to be getting the Lumia 710 which tyo me makes absolutely no sense but its no skin off of my back. I dont mind owning VZN stock but I wont ever be on their service unless they merge with ATT and the name of the combination is Verizon. Dont see that ever happening!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon