What kind of WP7/8 Phone You Would Buy

monotok

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
just a poll to get the general feeling of what phones people would most like because I have a feeling a lot of people would like a keyboard/slider but there are not many.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I can do anything other than 3.5-3.9'' screens. The Trophy is 3.8 and it just feels so small in my hands. There is no way I could use the phone without a case. The Focus is 4.0'' (which isn't that big of a difference), but I never felt that way about it--even without a case (I only bought a gelaskin for it).

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Similar 4.0-4.3 screen on verizon with lte.

I honestly would take anything on Verizon as long as it has a decent camera (I hate the Trophy's camera! No white balance--WHAT?!), a new type of display (SAMOLED[+] or SLCD), and a FFC. If it had all of those things and it was on Verizon, I would get it even if it had only 8gb, <3.8'' screen, and no LTE. I'd even take the same processor speed as the Trophy--1GHz.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
If I get another Windows Phone (and right now I'm leaning in the direction), I want it to be a 4.0" to 4.3" 4G LTE device with a 5-row physical keyboard (i.e. landscape keyboard), preferably with 32 GB of memory.

One thing that stinks about the above is I think Motorola makes the best physical keyboards, and we won't see a physical keyboard WP manufactured by Motorola.

monotok

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
My perfect phone would be:
3.7inch +- 1inch
High Resolution Display: 960x600 or something?
Portrait keyboard slider
Thin and light
Metal Construction
Decent Camera 5mp
FFC (For future proofing it)
Maybe hard buttons (not the touch sensitive front buttons)
Removable MicroSD and 16GB on board storage
LED Notification light
768mb - 1GB RAM
1.4GHz Processor or Dual Core but don't mind as WP7 runs fine anyway

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
3.7in is my preferred screen size. I've tried out several 4.3in phones and found them a bit too wide for comfortable one handed use.

monotok

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Its interesting to see that most people prefer a 4-5inch screen. I would have thought most people would find that too big :p

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
4 and up is dumb.

For you, maybe. I wanted an iPhone until I tried typing on one. The screen was too small for my fingers. The 4.3" screen on my HD7 is perfect for me to type on, one or two handed. And most of my friends have much larger hands than I do. Are you saying they don't deserve a phone they can actually use? Different sized people need different sized phones just like they need different sized clothing. Just like some of the friends I mentioned couldn't fit in a Prius if they tried! I realize I'm getting off topic, but I think I've made my point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk