how to sideload apps?

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
sorry if i am duplicating a question, but this is really in reagrds to installing an app...

i recently came back to wp7 and i noticed the htc youtube app is missing. i read another member found it and sideloaded it. i was familar with doing this on android but have no clue on wp7 devices... so does anyone know how to sideload an app on a trophy for example, and where i could find the htc youtube app? do i need to do anything that would start making my phone act up? because my experience with rooting android phones was that it made things force close all the time.

and futhermore, is the work required worth it for one app? unless it gives me further functionality as well, like tile colors ect...

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
1: it has to be a Samsung phone. (sorry) .. LOL j/k....

2. you need to have your phone DEV unlocked ( by MS(99$) or with the chev 9(9$) )

3: use the Chev tool to side load the apps.

4: go on sites like: Mobilism • Releases to find side loading apps. or on this site or on XDA

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i liked it, it matched the metro ui theme, it had a nice tile... plenty of better alternatives? i wouldnt say that... only 2 available now... youtube pro and supertube, thats it... lazytube is gone, metrotube is gone, htc youtube is gone... and the stock youtube app isnt really an app, all it does is launch a mobile web site

what do you use?

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
1: it has to be a Samsung phone. (sorry) .. LOL j/k....

2. you need to have your phone DEV unlocked ( by MS(99$) or with the chev 9(9$) )

3: use the Chev tool to side load the apps.

4: go on sites like: Mobilism • Releases to find side loading apps. or on this site or on XDA

it has to be a samsung , lol... this game will never end, and somehow i ended up with another htc, lol

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
plenty of better alternatives? i wouldnt say that... only 2 available now... youtube pro and supertube, thats it... lazytube is gone, metrotube is gone, htc youtube is gone... and the stock youtube app isnt really an app, all it does is launch a mobile web site

what do you use?

True enough. I've got both Youtube Pro and Subertube, but haven't determined which I like the most. I agree the HTC Youtube app wasn't bad at all. I think Metrotube was the best though. ='(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon