Going back to Android...for now.

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say peace out. I used the trophy for a while, but I'm afraid I am going to stick with android for now. I really do love WP and it is definitely more beautiful than android, but there were just a few things that are making me go back. First of all, I don't like having tobwork through zune if I want to put anything on my device. A little too appleish for me. Podcasts I subscribed to through the marketplace stopped syncing to my phone and eventually wouldn't even show new episodes until I plugged it into zune. I also got a little tired of the small screen on the Trophy.

But most of all, there needs to be a bit more app development before I come back. The marketplace has.some good stuff, but it isn't as mature as ios and android (obviously since it is much younger).

I will probably still lurk around here to see what happens what happens with new hardware/os updates in the future. Hopefully I will be back on wp one day
There are definitely parts of it I will miss.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy your Android mhans311, we'll be here to welcome you back when you're ready to dip another toe in the WP water later on. :)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
No arguments from my end. At least you gave WP a try. :)

Here's hoping the WP marketplace can tempt you back at a later date.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Its good that you at least tried, and have some reasonable issues. Windows Phone is not for everyone, just like any platform. There's nothing worse than people complaining about a platform without actually giving it a fair shot. Hopefully in future the marketplace will be mature enough to lure you back, and your carrier offers some newer devices (cos there are some great ones out there).

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'll see you again with WP8. ;)

Until then, if you ever need to vent about Android things, feel free to stop by. We love to hear that kind of stuff.

Wobjoi

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
mhans311: I know how you feel. I finally got my first windows phone for Xmas. Love it and am very keen to put my .Net development skills to use and do some development for the device exclusively, but find myself still going to my Android 4.0 Nexus S every so often.

At the moment I am switching between the two phones every few days. Still keep both running at the same time, one without a Sim card while the other is in use. Then change the Sim cards over when I feel like a change. Kind of getting the best of both worlds. If anything it is giving me a great overview of the good and bad that both eco systems have to offer, don't worry you won't find me using any Apple products ;)

Win phone is great and I am a MS "******" as some would say, and see a lot of potential in the OS and MS's plans for the future with it so don't plan on leaving win phone, and would love to eventually ditch my Android phone permanently, both for myself and my wife, but for now still enjoy my Android as well. P.S I don't get any of the droid rage that is being pushed a lot at the moment either.

My wife and I both have a Nexus S each and we both use Google Latitude, and navigation which I think is great and the gtalk to chat during the day. This is part of my reason for using the Android and although WP has Gtalk and Latitude equivalent apps, I prefer these services on the native device for now. Importantly I like that my wife and I can take photo's and then share them easily between us via bluetooth using the Nexus S, another reason why at times I will load the sim card over to the Android if I know I will be out taking photos that I will want to share later.

I guess we have to expect that some people will give WP a try and go back to iOS and Android, but have to be positive and also know that a lot of people will come into WP from these other platforms too :)

Dan.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Good luck with Android. I'm sure we'll see you back at some point. If you're looking for someone to sell the Trophy to, there's a guy in another recent thread looking for one.

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. I hope to be back to wp in the future.

@bush715 I will message you about my trophy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Enjoy the Android world. Btw, there are plenty of ways to avoid Zune. I move files back and forth to a share folder on my PC all the time. And I use Dropbox for other stuff. Then of course, there is SkyDrive.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
200kbps 3G speeds here with full signal makes the cloud unusable. It depends on the person I ran android and wp7 with two active sims for over a year. The Zune tethering was a particular sore point when mango was released after I moved but I was unable to update due to not having my Internet turned on for a week.

I am switching carriers next month so te 3G speeds will improve, but the app issue makes me use other devices as primary even though my primary sim has always been in the hd7. With the free tethering, now I'm basically using my iTouch for everything except SMS and calls. it's like a never-ending cycle.

Plus I get better battery life tethering the iPod 100% of the time than I do actually using the hd7, which strikes me as very odd.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Bummer. But seeing how you are on Verizon, I understand. They have a fantastic network, and leaving just to get a better WP makes no sense. Had I moved to Verizon, I would not have settled for the Trophy, either. I think it is the weakest of the WP devices. The Droid X is an all time great device, and they have some really great Android choices. Truthfully, Gingerbread was a great step up for Android, and solved a lot of the "buggy" performance issues on the top end devices (although lower end Androids still leave a ton to be desired). I expect ICS will improve even more.

I hope Big Red gets some kicking WP8 devices. I have very little doubt the Marketplace will be over 100,000 apps soon, so maybe that will get WP in the big boys department.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes