Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
We've known all along, these past 17 months. But we didn't want to admit it. I think the time has come that we should face the truth and be open about it.

Windows Phone 7 is an utter failure.

We must never forget the amount of goodwill Microsoft lost spending two years beating around the bush and claiming that Vista wasn't broken.

We should learn from our past mistakes, not repeat them..

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving my Windows Phone and it's a total success for me, haven't looked back since I got it. Really looking forward to all the new updates and features and new Nokia Lumia handsets.

If this is failure, then I'm loving it. More please. :lol:

Last edited:

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah nah. Admit whatever you like, but there's a reason I switched. Its the better OS for my needs. By all means, get an android device or an iPhone if you like them more.
PS: if you like iOS, look for LTD on Macrumors or MutualCore on the Verge (assuming they arent your aliases) because you'd probably enjoy talking to each other.

Last edited:

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
HNSK9.jpg

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not just trolling here. Is it true that wp7 hasn't exactly taken off yet? Certainly.

You bring up vista and say "we should learn from our past mistakes, not repeat them." What are you talking about? These seem to be two pretty different situations.

Vista--at least initially--had all kinds of performance and usability issues that led to widespread criticism. Wp7, on the other hand, has been praised by many pundits for its smooth operation and fresh UI.

You imply that since MS failed to admit vista's flaws that it hindered their ability to move forward or something (don't really think this is true but whatever). And so now you're saying that if they don't admit wp7 is a failure, then...what exactly? What SHOULD they be doing that they're not?

The OS, while not perfect, is solid, but they will continue to advance (perhaps the pace could be faster but these things take time). It seems to me they're heading on the right direction, trying to encourage app development, getting some nice devices out there, etc. They're fighting an uphill battle but it's a long race.

So what are you talking about with the vista comparison? What mistakes are they repeating?

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not just trolling here. Is it true that wp7 hasn't exactly taken off yet? Certainly.

Not exectly no.
To be more precise:
It trails behind Bada.
It's been clobbered by Symbian, a dead OS.
Since its launch it's sold less units than iOS or Android do in a single day.

As for Vista, it was hugely more succesfull than Windows Phone 7 in terms of market share.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

How good of you.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm loving my Windows Phone and it's a total success for me, haven't looked back since I got it. Really looking forward to all the new updates and features and new Nokia Lumia handsets.

If this is failure, then I'm loving it. More please. :lol:

Ditto what the WeeBear says. :cool:

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Apple and Android did not just suddenly have huge sales they also grew from nothing. Both of them spiked in the second year massively so this is the year that the WP7 needs to spike upwards and currently all signs point to that being a distinct possiblity.

iDG, Gartner and iSupply go a step further and talk about the WP7 surpassing Apple by 2015. That does not sound like its failing, it does of course depend on how successful Nokia are and also Windows 8 and the Metro interface are.

I think you may want to wait until next October/November when WP7 reaches the grand old age of 2. Currently it is only 14 or 15 months old depending on whether you live in Europe or the US.

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Not exectly no.
As for Vista, it was hugely more succesfull than Windows Phone 7 in terms of market share.

That doesn't even make any kind of sense.

Perhaps we can save everyone here a lot of time. What kind of response would you like from a pro-WP7 forum?

You see, this - quite refreshingly - is a pretty open-minded place, and the majority of posters have no problem discussing other platform's strengths (and weaknesses) compared to WP7, and also the areas where WP7 falls short at the moment.

You'll probably find that this thread won't decend into a WP7 vs others war. So if that's what you're after, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon