Heres what happened

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Lol, it truly is relavent to a T-Mobile vs. AT&T discussion though. Its something you don't realize just looking at coverage maps. It really is super annoying. ONe way it effected (affected?) me regularly was I would go to a store and my wife would ask for Product X. I would be in the store and see Product X came in varieties A, B, &C. Not knowing which was the one I needed, I would reach for my T-Mobile Phone. No service. Great, I have to wander the store, hoping to find a spot I can make a call from. No dice, so I have to leave my cart, go outside, and hope no one moves/takes my cart of things and puts it away, which they of course do. So now, I have to go and re-grab all my items. Thanks T-Mobile.

Same shopping trips now that I am on AT&T, I just call from in front of the product. Life is better. All thanks to the physics of radio wave frequency and how it relates to penetration of objects.

Yup, for me I would try to comparison shop by checking prices online like at Amazon.com or if I saw something on clearance and I wanted to check if it was a good price or if I could possibly resell it and make money, I couldn't. Either I'd have no service, or I'd be stuck with painstakingly slow EDGE data.

As for the OP, I guess the answer is AT&T. You've heard people's opinions on T-Mobile's indoor coverage. Furthermore, AT&T is rolling out LTE, while T-Mobile has no definite plans. Also, you were thinking about getting the Focus Flash which is an AT&T phone. Lastly, you plan on getting the Lumia 900 so if you were already on AT&T you'd just need the correct SIM (I believe the 900 uses a microSIM?) and you'll be ready to go. No need to port your number over from T-Mobile, or tell everyone your new number.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yup, for me I would try to comparison shop by checking prices online like at Amazon.com or if I saw something on clearance and I wanted to check if it was a good price or if I could possibly resell it and make money, I couldn't. Either I'd have no service, or I'd be stuck with painstakingly slow EDGE data.

As for the OP, I guess the answer is AT&T. You've heard people's opinions on T-Mobile's indoor coverage. Furthermore, AT&T is rolling out LTE, while T-Mobile has no definite plans. Also, you were thinking about getting the Focus Flash which is an AT&T phone. Lastly, you plan on getting the Lumia 900 so if you were already on AT&T you'd just need the correct SIM (I believe the 900 uses a microSIM?) and you'll be ready to go. No need to port your number over from T-Mobile, or tell everyone your new number.

To add to this, you can sync your contacts to your Live account (the best account to have on a Windows Phone. ;)) instead of your SIM. When you switch SIM cards, all you have to do is log in with your Live account and your old contacts will auto sync to your new phone.

L

lumic

My standard cheap recommendation: the original Focus. Unless you don't game and consume no media, you're going to kill yourself on 8GB. Gen 1 hardware will be tolerable right up to the release of Apollo devices.

Last edited:

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The next step is to find a original iphone so I can get unlimited data

Won't work. The plan doesn't activate anymore.

My 2 cents on which phone to get? I love my Titan. There are couple of wifi bugs that they really should get fixed, but the phone is outstandingly fun.

However... if I were looking right now? I'd want to see the Nokia 900. That phone, in photos, looks outstandingly gorgeous. However, I might still be won out by the 16mp camera on the Titan II. I'd probably pick up a Titan II, see how the camera is, and then take it back for the Lumia 900 if I wasn't super crazy wow'ed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar