02-23-2012 10:24 PM
41 12
tools
    So maybe this has been tossed around before but I played with paint a little bit to show you guys what I would like out of the next big update. Hopefully Microsofts version would look a little better than mine :-p Boredom is getting the best of me!
    02-09-2012 05:19 PM
    yeah this is been seen allot

i think allot of people would LOVE to see that...

i know i would . landscape mode on home screen specially phones with slide outs
    02-09-2012 05:21 PM
    I want that when I'm texting and the screen get locked while inside of the conversation, to still get the update. I have missed a lot of text because of that and I might miss an important one someday. Also I don't care what everyone is saying, the keyboard is not that great, needs a lot of improvements.

Your mock up looks great BTW.
    aubreyq likes this.
    02-09-2012 06:26 PM
    I want that when I'm texting and the screen get locked while inside of the conversation, to still get the update. I have missed a lot of text because of that and I might miss an important one someday. Also I don't care what everyone is saying, the keyboard is not that great, needs a lot of improvements.

Your mock up looks great BTW.
    The keyboard is amazing!
    02-09-2012 06:55 PM
    Then I don't want to even try the other keyboards because is awful. I don't like the button placement or the size of some buttons or that it changes, so I want to press enter and it brings out the local scout.
    02-09-2012 07:02 PM
    There should be at least one Swype-style keyboard option. Android has stock Swype, and an app called TouchPal, which I preferred.
    02-09-2012 09:16 PM
    I don't care what everyone is saying, the keyboard is not that great, needs a lot of improvements.
    Then I don't want to even try the other keyboards because is awful. I don't like the button placement or the size of some buttons or that it changes, so I want to press enter and it brings out the local scout.
    I'm with you. Never been a fan of the WP touch keyboard. The keys are too narrow and I don't like the layout that much.
    02-10-2012 08:28 AM
    All they need to do is space the keys out and it will be fine. As we all know Apple borrowed Microsofts on screen keyboard for iOS 5.

02-10-2012 10:16 AM
    There should be at least one Swype-style keyboard option. Android has stock Swype, and an app called TouchPal, which I preferred.

you can get a SWYPE rip off on WP .. btw. type SWYPE in the marketplace

but once ur done typing you need to copy paste the message
    02-10-2012 10:38 AM
    I want to be able to use the built in Facebook chat to send a message even when someone is off line.
    Sparxy19 likes this.
    02-10-2012 11:21 AM
    I want the best that webOS can offer in WP 8. That would be a marriage made in heaven!

1) webOS Multitasking with card swiping
    2) webOS notification system based on the Touchpad (swiping notifications to see the next one)
    3) webOS synergy

These 3 items added to the awesome WP platform would make it a killer OS.
    trumpet116 likes this.
    02-10-2012 11:30 AM
    I want orientation lock as a physical button/switch. But I'd take it as a live-tile toggle...
    02-10-2012 11:43 AM
    All they need to do is space the keys out and it will be fine. As we all know Apple borrowed Microsofts on screen keyboard for iOS 5.

Click to view quoted image
    My hd7 keyboard doesn't do that in landscape. And I'm glad. Not that I ever use it in landscape...
    02-10-2012 11:46 AM
    :p:p
    02-10-2012 09:06 PM
    how bout some custom ring tones for text messages and specific contacts. That would be sweet!! :p
    Winterfang and trumpet116 like this.
    02-13-2012 07:34 AM
    Yeah I just want the OS to be up to par with Apple/Android for once. I want that when somebody buys a Windows Phone, the first though they had is not, ooh it doesn't do that?
    ALborntoride likes this.
    02-13-2012 07:43 AM
    Yeah I just want the OS to be up to par with Apple/Android for once. I want that when somebody buys a Windows Phone, the first though they had is not, ooh it doesn't do that?
    As Gru from Despicable me would say to this, "that's what i'm talking about!" :)
    02-13-2012 07:49 AM
    save as: for pictures in bing search.....
    02-13-2012 09:04 AM
    Different volume for different functions. Zune can stay at 30 since that's what I need to be able to use it on my car stereo, but I only want my ringer and text alert volume at 15 tops. Not too mention things like video playback or alarm clocks...
    02-13-2012 05:19 PM
    I think the icons on the tiles should just rotate into landscape mode - like how the little icons do when you're in say the email app and you rotate from portrait to landscape. That way it wouldn't have to re-flow the tiles and would look very smooth, only issue is that the content on double-width tiles would have to go from landscape to portrait, i don't think that's a bad trade-off for the smoothness this solution would have rather than having to re-flow the tiles so you could fit double-width ones in.
    02-13-2012 05:56 PM
    -Different volume settings for games, media, and alerts
    -Custom text tones
    -Make Bing services universal (image search, song identification etc available to everyone)
    -Easier tab access in IE
    -Let volume buttons wake the device and bring up Zune controls
    -Orientation lock toggle
    -General W8 integration
    02-13-2012 06:25 PM
    Since Windows 8 is a horizontal scrolling desktop, I would imagine the newest iteration of WP will allow the same.
    02-14-2012 11:26 AM
    I'm going to add my #1 WP7 gripe: The inability to select a default browser font size and be able to zoom to it, with dynamic text reflow. If my BlackBerry's webkit browser can do it, I think the WP browser should be able to do it.
    02-14-2012 12:20 PM
    My no.1 gripe:
    No mobile TV (apart from that Sky News app)
    Other:
    If you press back in IE, it goes to the previous page, not an app you were in before
    Last edited by iamtheWP7minority; 02-14-2012 at 01:03 PM.
    02-14-2012 12:55 PM
    I want text tone customization

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
    02-14-2012 01:31 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD