Lumia 710 vs HTC Radar vs Omnia W (Focus Flash)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, the HTC Radar hasn't arrived to Mexico yet. This means I'm getting the Lumia 710, is very cheap. I've noticed that the updates for Nokia devices are released very fast, is this the same for other manufacturers?

I don't think there's any OEM for any platform that release updates as fast or as often as Nokia.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, they do make extended batteries for the Lumia 710 now.

Mugen Power makes an excellent 1500 MaH extended battery for it that fits the phone without making it any thicker or needing a new battery door.

Though that would probably raise the price enough to make it the same cost as the Focus Flash (Omnia W) for you. (the battery is about $45 U.S.)

Personally I have more trust for Nokia to back their Windows phones up, make them update friendly and I just think the phones are very well made.

The Samsung, like all Samsung phones feels a bit cheaply made, though the components and specs are good. The Flash is a very small phone too, something which could be an advantage or a disadvantage depending on your perspective.

The HTC Radar is very nicely made, quality is evident there, but then you're stuck with a first ten 1 ghz processor.

If I were you, I would go with the Lumia 710. It's still the newest model in that lineup. Nokia has an excellent reputation and they are the only company 100% committed to the Windows Phone platform, which means you can expect the best support from them.

The battery is a small point I think, if it really seems inconvenient later, you always have the option of the upgraded battery.

Hellmur

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Yo should also consider the specific manufacturer apps.

In my Lumia 800 I have Nokia Drive, Nokia Public Transport, Nokia Music, Nokia Transfer to (beta for DLNA services), and I think they are only available for Nokia phones. HTC and Samsung probably have some specific software too.

rafabr4

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, I know it has been some time since the last reply. But I can tell you I'm finally getting my Lumia 710 in a few days. Lately I've been tempted by the Radar. However, it is almost almost $100 more expensive than the Lumia, and considering that we are not getting the Windows Phone 8 update, I decided that is not worth investing that much in the Radar. Despite having a smaller battery and lacking a FF camera, I think Nokia is doing a great job with the updates and the exclusive apps. Anyways, I'll buy a case for my Nokia since it is not a unibody design and it is plastic.

Thanks everyone!

rafabr4

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Got my Lumia 710 a few weeks ago, and I love it. It is just incredibly fast, the screen is great, camera is good enough and the nokia apps rock! Sadly, I am barely making it through a day, even though I turn off the WiFi and other stuff.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
If you don't care about FFC, get the lumia. Nokia has shown great support for their hardware. If so, then get the omnia. I think the removable battery is a plus over the radar

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Got my Lumia 710 a few weeks ago, and I love it. It is just incredibly fast, the screen is great, camera is good enough and the nokia apps rock! Sadly, I am barely making it through a day, even though I turn off the WiFi and other stuff.
How many live tiles do you have running that factors into the draw on the battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon