Better calendar????

d-laybook

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I'm a new Windows Phone user (5 days now) and I love the phone. I switched over from blackberry and so far am really enjoying my new Lumia 710.

The only thing I have found that I haven't liked as much as BlackBerry is the calendar. The lack of a week view is huge and the UI is one that I simply haven't enjoyed as much.

Is anyone aware of a different calendar app in the marketplace that is more versatile than the default one?

Any help that can be given will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

davidkhou

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
As a former BB user, I too am longing for a week view in the calendar. I love the UI, but the lack of a week view was a big surprise to me, and IMO is one of the biggest oversights of a basic function.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
In the tango updates or in Apollo they will be renabling direct sync with outlook is some form and they are making improvements to calendar (now hotmail calendar) and so between the two I suspect that a week view will be apparing on the onboard calendar for WP devices. I use the week view on the desktop hotmail calendar and on the device I just scroll down to see trhe next day or switch to agenda view Its a semi decent workaround.

USP45

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I kinda like the feel of the out of the box calendar and don't think there's anything missing per se; so I'm not surprised there are not a lot of calendar app alternatives.

What I don't like is the back-end. No way to sync the Tasks portion of the Calendar to my desktop Outlook ---> bummer.

I'm surprised at the lack of Calendar apps. =/.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon