Buy 7.5 Mango or wait for Apollo 8?

damielrohie

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
That is the first time I have heard of the codename "Loki". What other info do you have on it?
Already miss @BurnEthanol's avatar. even though the metro look fits in with the WP podcast but

Ethanol-xtal-1976-3D-balls.png

Hamue1

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd buy the LG optimus 7 (e900) simfree and get a 12 month contract on the best network for your area. It'll do the job and you'll be in a great position to get one of the Apollo handsets once the initial release prices have started to fall.

The optimus has all that you need in terms of specs, a great price point and is a lovely handset.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been in the same state of uncertainty for the past month: I was planing on buying the lumia 800 (I live in Europe) for 400eur, but then I read all the complaints about the battery and the camera. Plus I think that MS and Nokia are really working close together (on maps for example) so the next gen of Appolo phones will be much better tha the current gen phones (wich are already great) because Nokia will have the time to build them to perfection, especially on the software side.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
There's always going to be something better coming.

My advice:
Contract not up for a couple months? Wait for apollo.

Want a great phone now? Want to help Nokia get off to a good start? Get the Lumia 900. And for only $449 off contract, you could always do what I'm doing, and get the lumia 900 now, and upgrade for contract when the Apollo phones come. :D

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
The "Smoked by Windows Phone" event is going on right now. Microsoft handed me a free HTC Titan in exchange for my old Nokia 5800. No need to wait for Apollo!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon