lumia 800 on 24months?

borjeboy

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Right now there is a carrier war going on in Sweden, 3 and tele2 is in it, rumours says that Telia and Halebop will join the war soon. Anyway the "war" has contract time for 24months. And lumia 800 is in there. So i can get it but for 24months. Is that a good idea or is to longtime for that phone? When it doesn't have dualcore processors?

(Yes there is alot of android devices in it to, but in fact even the new Xperia S has lags, so they aren't really intressting for me).

the price is 349kr/m?n thats like 37€/months and it includese free phonecalls, free sms, free mms and free internet up to 10gb and the phone is included in that price..

one of my previous concerns was the only 16gb but with that contract i can use spotify in online mode..

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well here in Canada its normally 36months! so for me id say yes! lol

but in your area its probably not the same *mentality* as here, so it might seem like ALLOT! lol.
I dont think its a bad move to get a WP now , you can always sale it and get a new one ,

if i dint have a WP yet id probably jump on now sooner then later. but thats just me. and dual-core WP probably wont get THAT much of an advantage at first!! ( probably the WHOOLE first year wont evenmatter if you have dual-core)

allt he apps/games will have to be updated to support dual-core witch will probably take 6-12months. so you got PLENTY of time!

id get it!

unless you can wait for an other 7-9months!

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
For me, 2 years is an eternity to use any phone. That's why I do not go on contract, I always buy my phones at full price (new or used) and then go on a month-to-month plan with my carrier.

paradiseware.com

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 800 is fast - no lag. It's faster than a Focus. It doesn't seem that dual core would matter or make a difference.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Sony smartphones are, unfortunately, of inferior design and not representative of top of the line Android devices. Smartphones is currently a money losing division for Sony.

Using the Xperia S as a standard is, therefore, a poor choice. (Android phones don't "lag", just Sony ones.) Does your carrier offer any "better" phones like the Galaxy Nexus?

Last edited:

borjeboy

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Sony smartphones are, unfortunately, of inferior design and not representative of top of the line Android devices. Smartphones is currently a money losing division for Sony.

Using the Xperia S as a standard is, therefore, a poor choice. (Android phones don't "lag", just Sony ones.) Does your carrier offer any "better" phones like the Galaxy Nexus?

Yes galaxy nexus, galaxy 2... I thought that since xperia s isn't even out yet it would be better... But ill probably still go with wp7.

in fact i counted on the deal and cuted of those money that the phone would cost if i bought it... And then the costs is less then 20? a month.. So its ? good deal. Only problem is that it Will be locked to 3 or tele2, hopefully My normal carrier Telia wants in this war... The campaign is going on for another month..

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Just took on 2 lumia 800s for 2 years for ?26 month on Orange. Not worried about the phone just whether they can look after a phone for 2 years without dropping down the toilet.

I was actually pretty happy with this deal as an existing customer it was going to be ?150 a piece to negotiate and add these phones so getting them free and still having the same benefits was a bonus.

Gmotagi

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Wp7 phones do NOT need duel core right now so please dont let that influence your buying decision. Its a sweet phone, if you like it buy it and remember it will have a good secondhand vlaue in a year if you wanted to upgrade then.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have 1 and love this phone 2 years is a long time but I could see going 2 years with a phone this good. If you get the 800 now in 2 years Microsoft should have cleared the hump and the devices available will be on Windows Phone 8 and all the bugs will be worked out clearing you to make a choice on some proven devices.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes