No stereo sound?

Snoops8

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't get stereo sound anymore, at least not consistently. Awhile ago it was working just fine, but now when I listen to anything with headphones, it will project the sound using mono instead of stereo.

Sometimes I can fix the problem when switching to different sound modes randomly (SRS --> no effects--> equalizer) but I can't fix it using that method consistently. Plus, whenever I stop music playback it goes back to mono.

This occurs with everything...music, games, podcasts, OS sounds...

Forgive me if this has been covered before, I couldn't find it. Anybody have a solution other than a hard reset? Soft reset doesn't seem to fix it, at least not consistently.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It might be your headphones, have you tried another set of headphones or an AUX in method? If it doesn't work with another set of headphones or via AUX in then your headphone jack may be on its way out.

Snoops8

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've tried it with another set of headphones with the same result.

I hardly use the headphones, how could they be on its way out already? I've had the phone for only about two months. Anyways, sometimes switching the equalizer will make a difference, so I was hoping it was going to be a software issue.

Edit: I managed to get the sound to play in stereo by using the aforementioned equalizer trick, but the moment it played a new song it went back to mono.

Last edited:

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I had this issue about a month and a half ago with my Arrive. I thought it was my headphones so I went and bought another pair. Turns out my headphone jack was the culprit. Took it into Sprint and who told me I had to file an insurance claim.

Did that and a couple of days later had myself a replacement phone.

Snoops8

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You guys were right it was a hardware issue. Resetting the phone didn't do anything. I called T-Mobile and received a new phone within a few days - just have to send the other one back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon