8107 software and free USB tethering for Samsung WP7 devices

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Things like this are what carriers use as an excuse to get rid of unlimited data, lower data caps, and charge more per gb of data. If you want to unlock to get the update, that's all well and good, but if you are going to use services, pay for them cause I don't want to pay more because of your tethering.

If they go over their 2GB or 3GB limit, they'll get charged for it

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Well after reading about it about a week ago, I've confirmed the 8773 update (Tango) will eventually re-lock your phone (just happened). Simply follow these instructions again if this occurs and your unlock privileges should be returned.

ocvillanuevaz

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Windows Break Done!

Well after reading about it about a week ago, I've confirmed the 8773 update (Tango) will eventually re-lock your phone (just happened). Simply follow these instructions again if this occurs and your unlock privileges should be returned.

Thanks buddy, the procedure goes fine, i have only a questions, look i bought 2 phones, one phone when i connected to Zune told me that's not a update available, but the other told me that the phone have an update to version 7.10.7740.16.

Thats rare because the phones has the same version 7.10.7720.68 installed!

But i don't do the update because i was afraid that the phone after cant do the procedure to do the Unlock and Unbranded.

Now i reset the two phones a no one show me to have any update already, the only i can say is that the phone asking me to update was in Spanish, and register in Spain for country, and the other i configure to US.

ocvillanuevaz

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks buddy, the procedure goes fine, i have only a questions, look i bought 2 phones, one phone when i connected to Zune told me that's not a update available, but the other told me that the phone have an update to version 7.10.7740.16.

Thats rare because the phones has the same version 7.10.7720.68 installed!

But i don't do the update because i was afraid that the phone after cant do the procedure to do the Unlock and Unbranded.

Now i reset the two phones a no one show me to have any update already, the only i can say is that the phone asking me to update was in Spanish, and register in Spain for country, and the other i configure to US.
See the picture thats the update that show me the phone in Spanish. Now i reset the two phones to do the procedure, another think is the phones after Unlock dont ask me to updates, but i know is good the procedure because i can install my apps created in VS2010 with the Deployment Tool. :)

I dont know if i need to wait a days to the phones shows me the update that you told me.

Thanks for everything

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly sure what your asking so bare with me. Ok if you have already updated to version 7740 on both, that's fine. The update that blocks the unlock\debrand is 8107. You can update you phones but will have to do the procedure BEFORE the 8107 update will show up.

Are you trying to update in Spanish?

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
If you still don't get notified for updates after the process you may want to try the internet kill trick, but my phone notified me of the 8107 update as soon as I did the debranding and unlock

ocvillanuevaz

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly sure what your asking so bare with me. Ok if you have already updated to version 7740 on both, that's fine. The update that blocks the unlock\debrand is 8107. You can update you phones but will have to do the procedure BEFORE the 8107 update will show up.

Are you trying to update in Spanish?
Thanks I'm already on 8107! I'm going to Tango Update with this tutorial
http://www.windowscentral.com/cant-wait-windows-phone-tango-update-download-tango-cab-file-now-and-do-it-yourself

Are you in Tango?

Thanks for your help.:)

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I'm already on 8107! I'm going to Tango Update with this tutorial
http://www.windowscentral.com/cant-wait-windows-phone-tango-update-download-tango-cab-file-now-and-do-it-yourself

Are you in Tango?

Thanks for your help.:)

Yes I'm running Tango but you can do the internet unplug trick to get the official update to ensure you get the firmware update from Samsung at some point if not immediately.

I did that method first but rolled back to get it through Zune, still haven't received the firmware yet though.

ocvillanuevaz

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes I'm running Tango but you can do the internet unplug trick to get the official update to ensure you get the firmware update from Samsung at some point if not immediately.

I did that method first but rolled back to get it through Zune, still haven't received the firmware yet though.
I'm tried the unplug trick but doesn't work for me, sometimes tell me that the phone is updated and other times told me that the internet is unplugged.

The steps i follow are this

- Set the phone in airplane mode.
- Connect the phone and go to setting of the phone.
- Click the update, after click another tab, and then rollback to update after 1 - 2 seconds disable the WIFI, then wait..........

And never told me about an update to the phone onle(Phone Updated or Internet Connection Lost).

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm tried the unplug trick but doesn't work for me, sometimes tell me that the phone is updated and other times told me that the internet is unplugged.

The steps i follow are this

- Set the phone in airplane mode.
- Connect the phone and go to setting of the phone.
- Click the update, after click another tab, and then rollback to update after 1 - 2 seconds disable the WIFI, then wait..........

And never told me about an update to the phone onle(Phone Updated or Internet Connection Lost).

Yea it took me a while for 8112 with tbeunplugging, but got it the first timw for 8773!!! Well do the cab sender method as I had the same problems with the official one (since there's no firmware still can'tsend videos etc.) Well just let me know how things go just remember the unplug trick is all about timing I actually got mine to work by pulling wire a split second after the update bar filled up. Hope this helps!!! Glad your on your way!! :D

ocvillanuevaz

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Yea it took me a while for 8112 with tbeunplugging, but got it the first timw for 8773!!! Well do the cab sender method as I had the same problems with the official one (since there's no firmware still can'tsend videos etc.) Well just let me know how things go just remember the unplug trick is all about timing I actually got mine to work by pulling wire a split second after the update bar filled up. Hope this helps!!! Glad your on your way!! :D
Well i'm doing a couple of thing in the cell and i noticed that the CALLS DONT WORK! when i enter in the call tile the phone crash and get the home screen! I will try the timming procedure to update the 8107 and see if i get it, if not i going to restore to 7720 and doing the timing procedure to get the official Update for the phone.!

I think my problem is trying with the wifi, i noticed that i dont have much control of timing, i will do the procedure with a RJ-45.

In the procedure i need to put the phone in airplane mode right?:straight:

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes you should have your phone on airplane mode on. As well as wifi turned off. Also the .cab sender method DOES work, if your phone is crashing then you either missed one of the OS packages or one or more of the languages. You should have all twenty two languages and you have to install all of them each time.

ocvillanuevaz

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes you should have your phone on airplane mode on. As well as wifi turned off. Also the .cab sender method DOES work, if your phone is crashing then you either missed one of the OS packages or one or more of the languages. You should have all twenty two languages and you have to install all of them each time.
Thanks, with ethernet cable i was capable to do the procedure :) as yo say "its all about timming" now i'm in 8773.98!!!!!!!!!!

Thankss!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I decided from day one I was going to hack the heck out of my Omnia 7 (at the time, Mango was in developer beta and there was no way I was going to put up with the mess that was pre-Mango). It's treated me nicely, definitely fewer problems than I had when customizing Windows Mobile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes