Still cool that they are doing it... but come on.

London got Deadmau5 and this incredible show:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iMYuztBfKg[/YT]

New York City got Nicki Manaj or whoever she is and.. this: :dry

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nI9Xpv1xGQ[/YT]

Not even close. :lol:
    04-07-2012 12:01 PM
    I don't think the launch party is going to sell the device, for one thing. For another thing, I think, I could be wrong, but I think London is a much bigger deal to the rest of England than NYC is to the US, which may explain the bigger investment.
    04-07-2012 06:44 PM
    Well if you don't know who Niki Minaj is that is your problem, not Nokia's.

I bet you more people in the USA know who Niki Minaj is then who DeadMau5 is. Niki just performed this year on the Superbowl with Madonna.
    JPDVM2014 likes this.
    04-07-2012 09:25 PM
    Yeah, London is LONDON! NYC is NYC, but it's different folks and different strokes. Each event seems really live and poppin' so yeah....fun times for all.
    04-07-2012 09:42 PM
    We are poor here so we couldn't afford a better artist. Instead we got an talent less drag queen.
    04-07-2012 10:10 PM
    We are poor here so we couldn't afford a better artist. Instead we got an talent less drag queen.
    You obviously missed her verses on Kanye's "Monster" huh?
    04-07-2012 10:47 PM
    Thank you socialcarpet!
    04-09-2012 02:13 AM
    You obviously missed her verses on Kanye's "Monster" huh?

deadmau5 > Nicki

Then again free is free and I will give it to Nokia for doing all these events and promos for free. It's an order of magnitude higher and better then anything Apple et al ever did for their launches.
    04-09-2012 02:24 AM
    I don't think the launch party is going to sell the device, for one thing
    04-09-2012 05:31 AM
    I wish people would stop bashing this event because it featured a black performer.
    04-09-2012 10:37 AM
    I wish people would stop bashing this event because it featured a black performer.
    Wow, you had to pull the race card. We're not bashing the performance because the performer was black, we're bashing it because the performer was ****ING NICKI MINAJ.
    04-09-2012 10:49 AM
    Wow, you had to pull the race card. We're not bashing the performance because the performer was black, we're bashing it because the performer was ****ING NICKI MINAJ.
    your point? She's no different than lady gaga but yet is tons more attractive. Some people like her some don't same with deadmau5 no reason to crap all over the event. Also ever think why it had to be her? Her real name is Onika which is Nokia scrambled.
    04-09-2012 11:30 AM
    your point? She's no different than lady gaga but yet is tons more attractive. Some people like her some don't same with deadmau5 no reason to crap all over the event. Also ever think why it had to be her? Her real name is Onika which is Nokia scrambled.
    Lady Gaga would be just as obnoxious. Neither are attractive, they both look like hookers. Just because her name is an anagram for nokia doesn't give her talent.
    04-09-2012 11:56 AM
    I made no mention of color. Why? It doesn't change the fact she has little to no talent. She is no different than that dude Lady Gaga.
    04-09-2012 12:14 PM

I bet you more people in the USA know who Niki Minaj is then who DeadMau5 is. Niki just performed this year on the Superbowl with Madonna.
    This. I hate Niki Minaj, but she is popular. God knows why, but she is. Just because everyone on here doesn't like her, doesn't mean it won't be good publicity.
    04-09-2012 12:22 PM
    Eric12341, OP never mentioned race. You pulled that card. You're missing the point and this thread is going off on a tangent.
    04-09-2012 12:51 PM
    I made no mention of color. Why? It doesn't change the fact she has little to no talent. She is no different than that dude Lady Gaga.
    Whether you're a racist or not, you're a misogynist, that's obvious, given your obvious gender discomfort with Lady Gaga. And as for the talent thing, as I said, check Monster out. She's talented. You're just bigoted.
    04-09-2012 01:07 PM
    Isn't Nicki Manaj, like, HUGH?
    04-09-2012 01:14 PM
    Lady Gaga would be just as obnoxious. Neither are attractive, they both look like hookers. Just because her name is an anagram for nokia doesn't give her talent.
    whether or not she has talent doesn't mean that one should bash the entire event. It is good for our platform and it served it's purpose. Why can't people understand that?
    04-09-2012 03:07 PM
    While I didn't care much for either performance... that video you posted of the NYC launch isn't comparable to the London launch...

The one WPCentral posted in their article is much better...
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abyYIHAGQ8M[/YT]
    04-09-2012 09:45 PM

Fair point. I'm sure Nicki is very popular here. I just though the London event was much more polished. It was very impressive. The NYC one was just OK by comparison IMO.

deadmau5 > Nicki

Then again free is free and I will give it to Nokia for doing all these events and promos for free. It's an order of magnitude higher and better then anything Apple et al ever did for their launches.
    Very true. I think it's great that they are doing these events and over all it

You can't be serious. It has nothing to do with race. I can think of at least a dozen black performers I would rather have seen than her. But I'm sure Nokia's PR people know what they are doing much more than I do.
    04-10-2012 12:33 PM
    Well in London it was the start for the whole lumia series. And London is the most important town in the world to be sucess in. Because you can advertise like the no 1 selling phone in London and then it Will sell everywhere because of Londons status as trend city or something like that
    04-10-2012 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD