Email not pushing/much slower delivery

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Email is hitting my Lumia very slowly or not all pushing. Anyone know why? I am using Hotmail and Gmail. Hotmail is configured just by entering my information. Does this give me push/Exchange like setup? For Gmail I set it up as Outlook/Exchange using the Google sync setup. It seemed to be working but now not to much.

I just sent a test from my work email. It might have taken 2 seconds after hitting the send button and my iPhone received a test to both Hotmail and Gmail. Minutes later the Gmail hit my Lumia and the Hotmail test never pushed. I had to open the mail up to get it to pull down the message.

Bgrubb

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Got to settings, email & accounts, select hotmail,in the download content section select as items arrive. Try the same with Gmail. Let me know if that helps

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Ah, it was set to every 30 minutes for Hotmail. New test is about equal. For Gmail Lumia wins this time by several seconds. Gmail must be having some minor hiccups today.

Thanks guys.

New Question, is there a unified inbox?

prosimian

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
yes. go to ..., pick linked inboxes. You can pick which accounts get linked together (so you can have your personal inboxes linked together but not your work inbox if you prefer).

This is one of many things on WP that are not mentioned enough. I just love seeing my multiple personal email accounts grouped together but kept separate from my main work account. Very, very pleasing feature.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
This is one of many things on WP that are not mentioned enough. I just love seeing my multiple personal email accounts grouped together but kept separate from my main work account. Very, very pleasing feature.

Yeah, I love that feature too. I have my personal email accounts grouped. I have my work email separate and I also have a group that I am a member of separated as well. That way I know what needs done when and where everything is. I love it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes