Photo Sharing with Facebook Business Pages

nbolmer

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I own a business, and I'd like to be able to directly upload a photo I take on the phone to the business page. Unfortunately, it automatically sends to my personal page. Is there a way to upload photos to pages I admin, rather than my personal page? Similarly, the official facebook app seems to have no way to use facebook as the business... I know that you can email photos directly to the business page as a workaround, but it's tedious.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I own a business, and I'd like to be able to directly upload a photo I take on the phone to the business page. Unfortunately, it automatically sends to my personal page. Is there a way to upload photos to pages I admin, rather than my personal page? Similarly, the official facebook app seems to have no way to use facebook as the business... I know that you can email photos directly to the business page as a workaround, but it's tedious.

Solved the issue for this guy, he might be able to help with any FURTHER problems as he had the same problem.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/os-discussion/189974.htm

Anyway, told him to use Facebook (touch . facebook. com) to do anything with the secondary account.

nbolmer

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Solved the issue for this guy, he might be able to help with any FURTHER problems as he had the same problem.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/os-discussion/189974.htm

Anyway, told him to use Facebook (touch . facebook. com) to do anything with the secondary account.

Right, there are workarounds, but the ability should be integrated into the camera app itself, it shouldn't automatically post to your personal profile. Even the native facebook app seems to not have this ability.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Right, there are workarounds, but the ability should be integrated into the camera app itself, it shouldn't automatically post to your personal profile. Even the native facebook app seems to not have this ability.

Native Facebook App is kind of a oxymoron. I assume you are talking about the App?

You are still an early adapter to the software though...you are looking to accomplish something only 1% of the population is going to do and took years for the competition to get to that point... Sorry, but until we start talking double digits of marketshare I doubt you are going to get it native or in the official app.

nbolmer

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Native Facebook App is kind of a oxymoron. I assume you are talking about the App?

You are still an early adapter to the software though...you are looking to accomplish something only 1% of the population is going to do and took years for the competition to get to that point... Sorry, but until we start talking double digits of marketshare I doubt you are going to get it native or in the official app.

While a small percentage, millions and millions of these phones have sold, and facebook has millions and millions of fan pages / business pages. This is part of Facebook's basic core functionality.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
While a small percentage, millions and millions of these phones have sold, and facebook has millions and millions of fan pages / business pages. This is part of Facebook's basic core functionality.

I think your complaint would hold a ton more credibly if there was no way at all for you to handle the situation you want to handle.

Just pin the site to your start and there you go, just as easy as the app. This is like complaining your bank doesn't have an App on the marketplace YET the mobile website is top notch. (with all the same functionality). There are only so many software engineers Facebook can pay $110,000...

yes, it is a work around...but yes, you are also an early adapter still.

nbolmer

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I think your complaint would hold a ton more credibly if there was no way at all for you to handle the situation you want to handle.

Just pin the site to your start and there you go, just as easy as the app. This is like complaining your bank doesn't have an App on the marketplace YET the mobile website is top notch. (with all the same functionality). There are only so many software engineers Facebook can pay $110,000...

yes, it is a work around...but yes, you are also an early adapter still.

The phrase is early adOpter, not adapter... and I'm not. An early adopter is defined as those who purchase the first generation of a product - we're already in Mango, a major update. People buying Lumias are no longer early adopters.

Second, the complaint isn't about the facebook app, it's about WP7s own photo application. When you snap a photo, you can instantly share the photo right there with facebook. If you want to snap and upload a few pictures, WP7 has made it very easy to do so, just take the shot, and share it, still in the photo app, then take another shot... rinse, repeat. Getting out of the app and going through a webpage is not a solution, it's a workaround. If this is supposed to be THE media / social networking phone, it should support facebook's most basic functionality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon