A little humor for everyone posting freak out threads about minor complaints

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
A little perspective and humor for you guys writing huge scathing diatribes about megapixels and Words with Friends and such. All you Lumia 900 and WP7 detractors and whiners, this is for you. Enjoy. :happy:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk[/YT]

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I saw this as part of his stand up act and it is SO true. So so true. Actually every "non contributing zero" should be required to watch this before participating in society every monday of the week.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
this is so true, and i was just talking about this. we get so caught up with having the latest and greatest all the time that we are missing the simple amazingness, of what we currently have! mango and winodws phones are beautifully different and i love my windows phone. with or without apollo! appreciate what we have, not what we want. because the fact of the matter is when apollo hits, we will all be talking about the next big update, kinda like android users... lets not follow that lead. i say lets tell people how amazing what we have is, and not worry about whats coming! show them that on our OS, we dont care about the next big change, because you love what you got!

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
This is a gem of a find for this day in age. Posting on my facebook....from my WP7 phone. lol. My wife is pregnant now and I will have to sit my lil kids down and tell them that they are truly blessed to be living in this age of technology.......now put down the controller and go outside and play. lol.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I don't get the freakouts. Microsoft will have update paths for 7.5 at least to 7.9 and hopefully to 8.x. I have all the confidence in Microsoft at this point.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I don't get the freakouts. Microsoft will have update paths for 7.5 at least to 7.9 and hopefully to 8.x. I have all the confidence in Microsoft at this point.

I don't get it either.

WP7 is already great and it's only going to get better. We have amazingly great phones we can enjoy right now and the future will bring ever cooler stuff for us to enjoy.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Now that kind of puts life in to perspective doesn't it. :D I still have a rotary dial phone in the closet not the wall mount but the one that sits on a desk you know there were only 2 styles but they did come in different colors. It has the 22 foot long bungee cord you know the one you could stretch from the kitchen to the bedroom. Of course you have to put the base in a drawer so it wouldn't fall off on to the floor.

Forgewizard

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I remember going from the Rotary phones to button phones and how that was the "newest most amazing gadget"! But the whole "its going to space!" thing while funny, just brings home the fact that WP7 doesn't have an on board, integral way to transfer files via bluetooth - so I DON'T have to "go to space" to transfer a file to a friend's phone being held right next to mine! But gee, my feature flip phone could do that, and so could my palm centro and treos -Seems like the "smarter phones are getting, the less "features" and usability they have for the real world! There are times when my phone can't "go to space" because it can't even locate it's own signal tower on earth - so exchanging files over bluetooth would still get my job done!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth file transfer is a handy feature, I noticed it was missing too. Nokia has offered it for a long time, I had it on a Nokia phone 10+ years ago. I expect we will see it in a future update, probably Apollo. All in good time.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
This was too good not post on my facebook too :) I definitely know a few family members and coworkers who need to watch this and take it all in and let it seep into their cerebral cortex :p

This guy is spot-efing-on

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I think that's why I'm grateful for a lot of the "simple things" in life.

And as far as the Bluetooth transfer missing feature, when I did have it on my Android, it didn't work. Don't miss it, but it sucks that it's something you can't enjoy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes