Internet Explorer Forward and Back Buttons

The1nChicago

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Where are the forward and back buttons INSIDE IE when using WP7.5? It's hard to navigate using IE when trying to go back to certain pages. Just had my Lumia 900 for 4 days.

M

mkr10001

There aren't any. I think one place (well not really there are many places it should change) where the back button should actually work differently is in the browser. Use the recent option in the menu

The1nChicago

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
There aren't any. I think one place (well not really there are many places it should change) where the back button should actually work differently is in the browser. Use the recent option in the menu
Yuk, not good..... I am so use to those f(x)'s on my iPhone but it's not a deal breaker.

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
If you are browsing in an open window the back button works as a page back in the current window. If you close the window or navigate away then you lose the back pages when the browser restart. To move forward use recent in the three dot menu.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If you are browsing in an open window the back button works as a page back in the current window. If you close the window or navigate away then you lose the back pages when the browser restart. To move forward use recent in the three dot menu.

You don't really lose the back pages. They will still be cached in your history.

However one very general tip for WP: Use "start" or "windows" button to navigate from app to app. That way you will keep your app running in the background and the you can go back to it by multi-task view i.e. press and hold back key.

This way you can save yourself the time to resume the task over again as well as it freezes your app to a screenshot so it's like your never went away from it.

Most people keep using back button to go out which technically just exists you from the apps.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
MSN App

Has OnScreen forward and backwards buttom in IE you view web pages throught it. I find this useful has It works on site's other than MSN has well.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
No forward button and the loss of going back a page when you leave IE and come back are just two of many reasons to hate IE. Why the **** can't MS allow devs to develop browsers without having to use the IE framework?!

The best browsers on iphone/Android are 3rd party with lots of features as well as ability to stream nearly any audio/video and watch flash videos. As much as I want WP to succeed MS stubbornness and failures really piss me off sometimes.
IE is a horrible browser and while I know there are others available they are built off IE and are stuck with many of the same flaws. When's the last time MS even updated this browser? I can't say it enough, Apollo better exceed expectations because if they half *** it like they did with WP7 and other things they might as well start over or give up. They will never sniff a respectable market share

Lukas Krepelka

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Where are the forward and back buttons INSIDE IE when using WP7.5? It's hard to navigate using IE when trying to go back to certain pages. Just had my Lumia 900 for 4 days.

There aren't any in Windows Phone 7 but you can use back button on your phone as back button in the Internet Explorer. Replacing forward button is little bit harder but if you save "javascript:history.forward()" as favorite page it will works just as forward button.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
At first the lack of back and forward buttons didn't bother me, until i navigated to web page, then left IE, then went back...when I hit the back button it didn't go back a webpage it took me back to the previous app! Not cool.

the other thing I miss from my iPhone was "next, previous, and done" buttons. these were used to jump fields that you would type in rather than trying to navigate with your finger.

Sasquatch76

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
If you minimize an app and go to the home menu and reopen it, it'll refresh. If you load if from the task manager (holding down the back button), it'll be where you left it.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
There was a forward button and Microsoft took it out. Most seem to be totally fine with it (lol), so don't plan on it coming back.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The only "UC browser" I see on the marketplace is some Chinese app with a Firefox-looking logo. I have to assume that's not the one you guys are talking about.

Can someone link me to the right app?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
This is something I did on my HD7 when Mango first came out. It really works :)
  1. Open the Internet Explorer in your phone, and go to any page.
  2. Open the options menu located below the browser?s address bar.
  3. From among the opened options, choose ?add to favorites?.
  4. In the add menu, edit the name field to whatever you want the shortcut to be called. For example, you can name it ?Next? for the forward button and ?in-page search? for the find button.
  5. Now for forward, edit the address field to
    javascript:history.forward()
  6. For creating the Find shortcut, put the following lines in the address field:
    javascript:(function(){function G(){var
How To Add ?Forward? & ?Find On Page? Shortcuts To IE 9 In WP Mango

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon