user growth in ..i'm a WP7 and Wordament

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else notice the increase in users on ..i'm a WP7 and wordament lately?

I got my WP7 April 2011 and I remember ..i'm a WP7 had a total of 30,000 users including devs. Now a year later it's a whopping 280,000!

And wordament when it started a few months ago was always around 100-200 players. Now it's hitting 700-800 players.

Anyone else think this shows massive growth for WP7?

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that in Wordament - I was going to post on it too.

Also - I was #14 out of 734 on my last game.. Yeah baby!

also also - I cannot do as well in the Lumia 900 as I can on my Focus. The touch sensitivity is a little messed up on the 900. I have to go slower and much more deliberately on the 900. I really hope a firmware update is coming to fix that. I like everything else about the phone though.

Last edited:

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I think it's from a combination of new 900 users and a successful "Smoked" campaign. Yes, it feels like WP7 is getting more attention than it ever had before. Hopefully, Microsoft builds on the momentum.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Wordament player here and definitely the number of players has shot up, mostly US.

Good sign.

Same here. In the few weeks, or maybe a month, that I've had my phone, the average number of players during "prime time" here (East Coast, USA) has gone from 300+ to 700+. It's a pretty tangible sign of growth in the user base.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Numbers are up on Wordament. I have not found a great use for ...I am WP7!...suggestions?

As far as touch sensitivity, Wordament has gotten more touch sensitive on my Lumia after the current update. Previously it worked 100% fine. Now it is a bit touchy or just a little off.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well we all know how BAD WP is supposedly doing according to half the people on this site... that must explain why the user base is growing.... no ... wait a min.... *cough*

TechiePro

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Wordament is also available on Windows 8 Preview. That probably helped a bit. But yeah, it does seem like it's gone up faster after the Lumia 900 launch. This afternoon I saw it at 1000 for the first time.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I got my third top ten finish today!
The Radar screen isn't the biggest, so I fumble a lot, but I'm getting better. Somehow the live leaderboard makes the game more addictive than it would otherwise be.

I like the Daily Crossword app too.

I know that Wordament is looking to port to other platforms, but it would be nice if it continues as a WP exclusive for a while longer.

anotherhawkeye

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I think it's from a combination of new 900 users and a successful "Smoked" campaign. Yes, it feels like WP7 is getting more attention than it ever had before. Hopefully, Microsoft builds on the momentum.

True the smoked campaign part. I got my WP from that and a convert from android. I was anyway thinking of moving away from googles grip, but the campaign came at a perfect time.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
And the Lumia 800 has moved to the #2 spot on I'm a WP7s device stats page. The best part of the app IMHO.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
This afternoon I saw it at 1000 for the first time.
Does the number go above 1000? I don't know why; but, to me, it seems like it stops counting at 1000.

I got my third top ten finish today!
I got my ten top tens in under an hour. Just play Wordament in Espanol. No one plays there and those who do are horrible at the game.

I don't even know any Spanish and I got first place the majority of the times. The funniest (and saddest) thing is that there were actually Mexicans playing.

TechiePro

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Does the number go above 1000? I don't know why; but, to me, it seems like it stops counting at 1000.

Yeah it always tops out at 1000. Maybe 1000 is the maximum the server can handle at the moment. May explain why some people were complaining about connection issues in most recent reviews after the Xbox Live update which I think made the game more popular.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
1319 as I type this ;)

Of which, I finished at 825 :blush:

Couple 1400+ games and it's only 4:30pm Central time.

Last edited:

c8m6p

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Wordament's number of players has definetely shot up just this past week, right around when they released the Xbox live update (and pretty much right after the Lumia 900 came out).

Unfortunately for everyone else, I still place top 10 in 90% of games I play.

<---- realherbz :cool:

I may shoot the Wordament devs a facebook message. They can tell where the growth is coming from, because a while back they mentioned a they got a good bump from releasing Wordament on Win8 preview.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon