AT&T LTE Coverage

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else in the Gaithersburg MD area seen AT&T's LTE coverage turning on and off today?

On AT&T's service maps we are just outside the current LTE coverage, however their internal maps show us inside the coverage area. Officially LTE is supposed to turn on "this summer".
This morning I kept getting the "LTE" icon show up on my Lumia 900 (I have the fix to the signal lock problem installed), with up to 4 bars of signal. However while this was happening I couldn't download Apps. After about a half hour, the phone lost all service, then locked back on to 4G and happily downloaded the Apps.
I interpret this to mean that the LTE service to the local towers is being tested, probably as a prelude to Turing it on in this area.

Has anyone seen something similar happen before their area got LTE?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
You're lucky. I wish we had LTE here, or at least knew an approximate time frame. I'm ready to see what this Lumia can really do.

I have read, on tech blogs I believe, about LTE flickering on and off for a while before being turned on. Presumably this is for testing as you suggested.

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
@DanSmithKY - what area are you in? Next time I get a look at the internal map I might be able to sneak a peek for you

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar