Region Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xXArchAngelXx

May 9, 2012
Visit site
ok so i wanted to buy the lumia 800 (white), but to my dismay, that version of the phone isn't even available in this COUNTRY. i live in india BTW
so i've asked someone to get it for me from the UAE, now both my ZUNE and LIVE ID are set to USA as the region.
my question will i have any problems app wise, like functionality and stuff??

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Usually you should be prompted to choose your region the first time that you enter the Marketplace, so where you bought your phone from shouldn't make any difference. Anyway, I don't think you will have any app problems. In fact I think that the US store should have more apps than the Indian store. However the UK store would have been even better since it has more apps in the Nokia collection like Nokia Music (I'm not sure that there is Nokia Music in the US....).
Oh and one question: how did you get the Lumia 800 from UAE? Last I hear it wasn't officially on sale there since WP doesn't support arabic...

xXArchAngelXx

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!

the phone hasn't officially arrived yet, my dad left to dubai a few days ago and is due to arrive tomorrow, no word from him in concerns to the phone, so i'l know when he's back and i've seen on many UAE supported online stores that the phone is ON SALE. KSA currently i think doesn't sell the phone.

xXArchAngelXx

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Usually you should be prompted to choose your region the first time that you enter the Marketplace, so where you bought your phone from shouldn't make any difference. Anyway, I don't think you will have any app problems. In fact I think that the US store should have more apps than the Indian store. However the UK store would have been even better since it has more apps in the Nokia collection like Nokia Music (I'm not sure that there is Nokia Music in the US....).
Oh and one question: how did you get the Lumia 800 from UAE? Last I hear it wasn't officially on sale there since WP doesn't support arabic...
just got word he cannot find the phone -_- anyway onto bigger questions.. on the phone startup im asked for a windows live id, which will be used for the marketplace and zune right, my question : can i use a DIFFERENT windows live id for my skydrive or do i have to use the same one??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit