The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-21-2012 11:28 AM
33 12
tools
    Hey peeps! I'm new to Windows PHONE - I'm a wireless rep who won a Lumia 710 (and since Bell isn't selling Windows PHONEs anymore) I've unlocked it to use on Bell. I have a long twisty history with phones - went from a Blackberry Pearl 8130 to Curve 8330, Storm 1, Palm Pre, Galaxy S Vibrant, HTC Desire Z, back to the SGS, iPhone 4, BB Bold 9900, and now the Lumia. I'm sim swapping between the iPhone, Bold and Lumia.

So far I am really impressed. The Lumia 710 is so zippy! I've never used a windows phone before but I've been dying to try. Any recommendations?

Edited as I want to avoid an attack.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-19-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    speedtouch likes this.
    05-18-2012 11:20 PM
    Welcome! The wpcentral app is great... Runpee is great if you go to the movies. It tells you when is a good time to go pee, and also if there's stuff after the credits. I'll be back with more.
    05-18-2012 11:29 PM
    Hi reneebob! :)

You probably know me from Crackberry.

I'd suggest starting here and here.

I've had my L900 since release date last month, so I know some of the apps, but I'm not a pro like some of the other folks who have been here awhile.

BTW, so you don't get flamed, it's Windows Phone; Windows Mobile was the old discontinued OS, like how BBOS is old and QNX is new.
    05-18-2012 11:32 PM
    Hi reneebob! :)

You probably know me from Crackberry.

I'd suggest starting here and here.

I've had my L900 since release date last month, so I know some of the apps, but I'm not a pro like some of the other folks who have been here awhile.

BTW, so you don't get flamed, it's Windows Phone; Windows Mobile was the old discontinued OS, like how BBOS is old and QNX is new.

Hey Lak! Thought I'd find you here lol. Thanks for the links (and the reminder that its Windows Phone now lol...its habit like calling HP stuff Palm).

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-19-2012 01:49 AM
    Thanks, Lak. I didn't want to have to say it... :P
    05-19-2012 07:05 AM
    Don't call it WinMo....it's Windows PHONE not windows Mobile...sheesh
    05-19-2012 09:01 AM

Yes. Thanks. Again, I apologize for falling back into old habits. I'll go fall on a sword now.

Good lord.

05-19-2012 09:46 AM
    Welcome! The wpcentral app is great... Runpee is great if you go to the movies. It tells you when is a good time to go pee, and also if there's stuff after the credits. I'll be back with more.

Lol that sounds awesome!

05-19-2012 09:48 AM
    Lol that sounds awesome!

It is. I used it last night at The Avengers.
    05-19-2012 10:35 AM
    Hey Lak! Thought I'd find you here lol. Thanks for the links (and the reminder that its Windows Phone now lol...its habit like calling HP stuff Palm).

You're welcome. :)

Let me know if you have any questions about apps. I'm not sure what kind of apps you might be looking for.
    05-19-2012 11:47 AM
    I downloaded several to start - Runpee (hee!), Wiztile, CBC News, Flixster, the MS Weather app, Creative Studio, Boards Express, Facebook, Twitter, Shazam, the usual suspects. I'm still learning the phone. Once I get used to it (it's SO different from BBOS, iOS and Android, but it reminds me a lot of WebOS) I will definitely hit you up for suggestions.

I love how everything flows though...I wonder if this is what the flow will be like on BB10?
    05-19-2012 12:03 PM
    The new LinkedIn app is awesome.

For Twitter, I like Rowi the best. It works better than the native Twitter app for me.
    Kredrian likes this.
    05-19-2012 12:07 PM
    Oooooooooh... you said WinMo! I'm teeeeeelling... LOL

Welcome to the forum. Don't mind the flamers. Most if them are actually pretty helpful :D
    reeneebob likes this.
    05-19-2012 12:12 PM
    Lighten up Francis. He's new here, let's make him feel welcome before we totally use and degrade him.
    05-19-2012 01:11 PM
    Lighten up Francis. He's new here, let's make him feel welcome before we totally use and degrade him.
    Francis????

I was only educating the man.......
    05-19-2012 02:26 PM
    Twitter wise I like Mehdoh. Carbon is also available and has received great reviews. Since you're coming from WebOs (among others) it should be somewhat familiar...
    05-19-2012 03:07 PM
    Francis????

1) The man's a woman.
    2) It was a slip out of habit, like calling HP Touchpads or Pre a Palm device. No offence was intended.

05-19-2012 05:44 PM
    Twitter wise I like Mehdoh. Carbon is also available and has received great reviews. Since you're coming from WebOs (among others) it should be somewhat familiar...

Oooooh I quite like Carbon, thanks!

05-19-2012 05:44 PM
    Francis????

Either you're too young or I'm too old. Anyway, you would need to see and appreciate the movie "Stripes" to understand. Never mind.
    05-19-2012 09:02 PM
    Welcome reeneebob! Glad you could join us over on this end.
    05-19-2012 10:37 PM
    MAN did I need this at the Avengers. You better believe I just downloaded this app. Thanks for the tip!
    05-20-2012 09:35 AM
    MAN did I need this at the Avengers. You better believe I just downloaded this app. Thanks for the tip!
    I used it at the Avengers as well...:)
    05-20-2012 09:44 AM
    I haven't gone to the movies much lately, but will definitely use this app.
    05-20-2012 10:09 AM
    hello, welcome windows phone noob!
    05-20-2012 10:34 AM
    It feels weird to be so noob with an OS. My former boss JUST called me for help with a customers Android device and half the city brings their iPhones to me for help. Lol. I'm a cell phone geek girl. Even my Palm/HP devices were patched out the ying yang ( and my Touchpad is dual booted to ICS and WebOS).

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    05-20-2012 12:03 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD