No Sound or Vibe on New Email?

jonnymay2011

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm on my third Samsung Focus (1st Gen). Both previous models were replaced under warranty for various issues. This is the first time I've had this problem though.

While I have New email alerts set up under ringtones + sounds, and Ringer is toggled to On, and Vibrate is toggled to On, no sound or alert is played when a new email is received. Ringtone works on incoming calls, I get proper alerts for New text or IM, Reminders, Key Press, and All other notifications. The only one that fails to respond is Email.

I have actually been watching the phone and have seen the live tile flip over and add a 1 to the email tile, but no sound or vibration.

Has anybody else ever seen this problem? Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks -

Jonny May
Samsung SGH-i917
OS version: 7.10.8107.79
Firmware rev: 2103.11.8.1
Hardware rev: 3.1.0.7

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
get an htc... lol sorry. samsung has has issues with sounds and notification. bing samsung focus sound/alert problems, there is a list of them...

not sure of a fix though, other than formatting phone and seeing if that helps

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm on my third Samsung Focus (1st Gen). Both previous models were replaced under warranty for various issues. This is the first time I've had this problem though.

While I have New email alerts set up under ringtones + sounds, and Ringer is toggled to On, and Vibrate is toggled to On, no sound or alert is played when a new email is received. Ringtone works on incoming calls, I get proper alerts for New text or IM, Reminders, Key Press, and All other notifications. The only one that fails to respond is Email.

I have actually been watching the phone and have seen the live tile flip over and add a 1 to the email tile, but no sound or vibration.

Has anybody else ever seen this problem? Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks -

Jonny May
Samsung SGH-i917
OS version: 7.10.8107.79
Firmware rev: 2103.11.8.1
Hardware rev: 3.1.0.7
By default, there is no ringtone for new email. Look at your settings and make sure you have a tone set for email. I always wondered why text, IM and everything else comes with a default ring except email.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Settings --> Ringtones+sounds --> New e-mail: set an alert

if that doesn't work like DizzyMaker said it might be a problem with the phone if that doesn't work.

what ever you do . DO NOT GET a HTC... ROLF .. ;) get a Nokia ;) haha just kidding..

jonnymay2011

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
get an htc... lol sorry. samsung has has issues with sounds and notification. bing samsung focus sound/alert problems, there is a list of them...

not sure of a fix though, other than formatting phone and seeing if that helps
Thank you for your reply! I actually think I resolved the issue by deleting the email account and re-setting it up. Bizarre. But I've been getting email notifications again, so I'm happy.

Thanks again!

jonnymay2011

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
By default, there is no ringtone for new email. Look at your settings and make sure you have a tone set for email. I always wondered why text, IM and everything else comes with a default ring except email.
Thanks for the reply. As I stated in the OP, I had the sound toggle turned to *ON* and wasn't getting any notifications anyway. But I deleted the account and added it back, and it seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes