MS, better support fo other OS

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
this has come to my attention and frankly if their is ONE thing i would vote for is this.

MS actually offering better support ( app wise ) to other OS over their own WP OS.

this to me is unacceptable. we are already straggling and being left out with *Official apps* and MS being a Developer of Official apps you would think WP would be the first to get them from MS.

now I understand that other OS are HUGE and releasing apps on other OS is actually better business decision for MS but at the very lease they could release updates/new apps at the SAME TIME for us as well!

2 little example of this:

- IOS now has better Xbox live support then us with a new update they just got! riddle me that.
- photosynth being released on IOS before work had even started on the WP version.

this is one thing I am angry with at MS and I believe it to be a legitimate complaint and if you feel like me stroll on over to where it matter :)

Vote here: MS please support your own OS before others!

:happy:

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
What does the Xbox iOS app do better than the WP Xbox app?

Microsoft Updates iOS My Xbox Live App - Takes it to the next level | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

from what i understand we have 2 additional separate apps that the Iphione all have built into 1.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought MS had a separate team for iOS development.

even so , thats not a excuse for MS to prioritizing that department over the WP department! is it?

anon(5344611)

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's a bad strategy, especially because Xbox Live users on iOS, for instance, won't necessarily get a Windows Phone just to have the feature. But once they fall in love with Metro and Microsoft services, they'll consider getting a Windows Phone.

As an example, a friend of mine, iOS user, was a fan of Dropbox and hardly knew what SkyDrive was; but since Microsoft released an app for iOS, it's his favorite cloud service. Now he's more open to getting a Windows Phone, also using Photosynth, Xbox Live and Skype. If Microsoft integrates all their services beautifully in WP8, they'll have a winner.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I like what you had to say ,

But I still dont think its a good way to support existing WP.

one of the reason I got a Wp was because i expected MS Software to be supported on MS product... before other Company that are literally at war with them...

When Albert Einstein left Germany and created the NUKE . He may as well had given it right back to the Nazis with this logic. lol ;)

(not calling Iphone users Nazis or in any ways shape or form do I mean to insult any one. )

Last edited:

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Atleast we still get Achievements which is pretty neat and we get Cross Platform play between WP and Xbox. All we need is cross platform multiplayer play so for example

I can be playing Trials HD on my Windows Phone VS my friend on his Xbox 360. Now that would be cool!

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Ilike what you had to say , But I still dont think its a good way to support existing WP.

one of the reason i got a Wp was because i expected to be the first OS to support MS products... yeah know? or at the very lease release apps at the same time on both side..

not Iphone ,, then 6months later WP.....

Wasn't Photosynth released on iOS first. Due to specs it was a tough port to Windows Phone but at least its there.

The problem with WP is a lot of these services are integrated I guess that's the WP7 way of doing things. With WP8 I bet most of these services such as Xbox and Office will be separate apps for quicker updates.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Photosynth was release on IOS first...

due to specs?
why was it dissing to run on IOS over WP? when its a MS software....

that to me just sounds like MS saying , we ****ed up WP ... to bad suckers we gona make cash on Apple .....

lol i dunno about you but this whole situation feels fishy to me.
if they would give us more app support just that alone could make a HUGE difference in WP sales. :dry

oh and you mean the cross platform tha was promised to us 2 years ago? lol

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Photosynth was release on IOS first...

due to specs?
why was it dissing to run on IOS over WP? when its a MS software....

that to me just sounds like MS saying , we ****ed up WP ... to bad suckers we gona make cash on Apple .....

lol i dunno about you but this whole situation feels fishy to me.
if they would give us more app support just that alone could make a HUGE difference in WP sales. :dry

oh and you mean the cross platform tha was promised to us 2 years ago? lol

I think its because a lot of Windows Phones did not have gyroscopes so it was hard to build around that. Apparently Photosynth needs a gyro to get the job done properly.

In regards to cross platform your slowly getting it with he Sonic game at least that's the start. I bet you will see more with DX built into WP8.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
this has come to my attention and frankly if their is ONE thing i would vote for is this.

MS actually offering better support ( app wise ) to other OS over their own WP OS.

this to me is unacceptable. we are already straggling and being left out with *Official apps* and MS being a Developer of Official apps you would think WP would be the first to get them from MS.

now I understand that other OS are HUGE and releasing apps on other OS is actually better business decision for MS but at the very lease they could release updates/new apps at the SAME TIME for us as well!

2 little example of this:

- IOS now has better Xbox live support then us with a new update they just got! riddle me that.
- photosynth being released on IOS before work had even started on the WP version.

this is one thing I am angry with at MS and I believe it to be a legitimate complaint and if you feel like me stroll on over to where it matter :)

Vote here: MS please support your own OS before others!

:happy:
dude. calm down. breath slowly. don't go rage.:D......and relax

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think its because a lot of Windows Phones did not have gyroscopes so it was hard to build around that. Apparently Photosynth needs a gyro to get the job done properly.

In regards to cross platform your slowly getting it with he Sonic game at least that's the start. I bet you will see more with DX built into WP8.
Sonic 4 Ep II isnt even out yet and there isntmuch concrete evidence to back up that it is even still coming. Sega stated Sonic CD would be out early 2012 and now it's the middle of Summer. The WP version of Sonic 4 Ep II is barely mention, and only featured in one video. Not really assuring right now.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
dude. calm down. breath slowly. don't go rage.:D......and relax

if i wasn't relaxed I wouldn't have happy faces :) :happy:

one of does is strait up called *happy = :happy: lol

the forum was getting slow so i figured what better then to start a discussion :) seems to be working!

I have photosyth on my focus with out gyro and the Phosynth article even claims that you DO NOT need it to work properly.

sooo ,

regarding the Multyplayer (forget cross platform for now ) , im just looking forward to playing games on my phone with all of y'all hehe .. single players gets boring fast!

Last edited:

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
if iw asnt relaxed iw ouldnt have happy faces :) :happy:

the forum was getting slow so i figured what better then to start a discussion :) seems to be working!

I have photosyth on my focus with out gyro and the Phosynth article even claims that you DO NOT need it to work properly.

sooo ,

regarding the Multyplayer (forget cross platform for now ) , im just looking forward to playing games on my phone with all of y'all hehe .. single players gets boring fast!
yep. I can see that. you re trying. :lol:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Meh, I have a gyroscope in my 4s and have a heck of a time getting photosynth to work properly.

Anyhow, the good thing about the cross platformnes of the MS apps, is that if anything, it gets none WP7 users a little bit of a feel for how apps flow on a WP7 device. So if they pick up a demo unit, or maybe check out a friends WP, they might feel a little more at home? Just a thought, could be way off base. I've been known for that in the past ;)

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
if iw asnt relaxed iw ouldnt have happy faces :) :happy:

sooo ,

Don't we have multi player games like Battleship?

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
lol... and words with friends :dry

gun bro = multi player would have been better!!! something like ARMED! is nice but we need more action multi player games for sure!!!!

No doubt I feel you. I think Windows Phone 8 is going to change the game when it comes to mobile just because of Direct X.

It's all going to have to start from Microsoft hopefully we see some kick *** multiplayer games which allow you to play with friends on a Xbox 360 and a Windows 8 PC. Forza, Gears, Halo, Trials such a good selection.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft is a platforms company. And they are also a large company. Think of it like this... If MS Office were it's own completely separate company, and Office was their only source of income, they would be incentivized to put that product out in all the platforms: Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS (prob a separate app for iphone and ipad), WP, BB, etc.

That would increase the strength of that product to be available everywhere. But we don't see Office in iOS and Android (yet) because Office isn't a separate company, it is a division of Microsoft, and therefore has the dynamic of MS vs Google vs Apple.

I love WP and I want to see it succeed, but it only makes good business sense for Microsoft to make the best apps they can for their products for all operating environments, even when that competes with their own products.

The ideal future of Microsoft won't be "buying a Windows Phone because it is the only platform with real MS Office support". It will be "buying a Windows Phone because the integration between the WP8, Skydrive, and MS Office offers a better experience because of deeper integration than can be had in iPhone or Android".

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster